Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
who's going? I'll ride up to Jersey with anyone who wants to leave out of the DC area. mmmm-mmm a couple hundred miles of the finest east coast interstate!:D smell the carnage?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
well hopefully my bike is done in time. if all goes well, it should be. i live right outside philly in jersey & ive been to asbury lanes a million times so id be more than happy to hook up with some peeps & ride up together. im actually going to map out a more fun route rather than 295 to 195 - that ride sucks.

if you guys havent done it yet, i highly recommend downloading 'google earth'. i use it to map out where ever i go now because instead of looking at a map, its made up of all aerial photos so you can actually see what kind of stuff youll be riding through (ie farms, urban, etc.)

anyhow, keep in touch & even if my old triumph isnt done yet, ill ride the speed triple up with you guys.

·
Registered
936 Posts
tom said:
who's going? I'll ride up to Jersey with anyone who wants to leave out of the DC area. mmmm-mmm a couple hundred miles of the finest east coast interstate!:D smell the carnage?
I'd be into meeting you on your way up 95. I can't stand riding on the PA turnpike to Jersey, so I'm riding south to 95 to head in that way. My Trumps not a Speed Triple, but it'll get me there.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
ha, thanks for the props on the S3. it is quite the killer all around bike. i ripped at a pocono track day on it & have toured on it from VA to toronto & i do not have one complaint. tons of power, handling, brakes, comfort, reliability, i could go on....

im trying to get the frankenbobber done in time but either way, im riding up. whoever wants to meet at my place, or close to it, just let me know.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
sounds like a good ride for the DC/PA/NJ jockeyjournal freaks is coming together! it would be great to have a better route than i95 and the tnpk...

hey scratch how far south are you coming? maybe we could get a meeting spot by sojerscraper and go from there?

good stuff!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'd probably hit 95 in either Elkton MD or Newark DE. Both have some damn good riding roads down to either. Though you gotta watch for buggies and horse shit in some areas. We could either meet at the 95 rest stop in DE or down where you meet sojer.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
ok, well i got the route together a little quicker than i originally thought. no interstates or turnpikes, pretty direct & it looks like 67 miles one way. ill probably pre-ride the route within the next couple weeks.

if youre interested in the details im thinking:

start @ my place: route 30 (white horse pike) & cuthbert (oaklyn)
NE cuthbert to haddon
SW haddon to kings hwy
NE kings hwy changes to main st & then marne hwy
NE marne changes to a couple small streets & then to monmouth rd
NE on monmouth for a while, nice straight run toward asbury
E monmouth to elton adelphia rd
E elton adelphia changes to adelphia farmingdale rd then to main st.
NE, E main st to asbury ave/rd
E,SE asbury ave turns into corilies
NE corlies to main (71)
NE,E main to 4th & we're there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
ol_scratch said:
I'd probably hit 95 in either Elkton MD or Newark DE. Both have some damn good riding roads down to either. Though you gotta watch for buggies and horse shit in some areas. We could either meet at the 95 rest stop in DE or down where you meet sojer.
What's wrong with rt 30?

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
ol_scratch said:
hey scratch I think we will be furthest south, then you, we could meet off 95 in DEL then head north from there to sojerscraper's joint.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Joey said:
What's wrong with rt 30?
Nothing if I'm heading to Philly itself, but heading to Jersey I just prefer to head around on I-95. Plus 30 just has tendency to be a big parking lot.

·
Registered
360 Posts
ol_scratch said:
896 south is a beautiful ride, to newark, outta lancaster. rode home from the hot rod hoe down in wilmington,de that way last year. it was way out of the way but i love the 896. down the river 74 or 222/272 ain't bad either. i'm in regardless holmeses. Ken

1 - 18 of 18 Posts