Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to keep the wheel,triple trees and lower legs,just need to order shorter tubes.I am not sure what year all of it is plus the front end has inner springs which i was told is after 71 and a pre 70 wheel will not work?Any one able to help identifey what i have?Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Not '71 or later.The front wheel is single leading shoe, so pre '68. Legs are unit type. The bottom tree looks like it's for a nacelle model, like a Thunderbird. Got the thread lugs on the bottom tree for a horn bracket. Top fork yoke looks like Trophy, TR6C, or some other "on road/off road" model that didn't have the bushed risers like the "road only" bikes. I'd disassemble it and look at the fork tubes.

Bob

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That is a '64 -'66 Triumph front end with an inside spring conversion. The wheel and brake are the same year.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Can't be '67 as the single leading shoe brake has a big flange on the backing plate kinda like the '68 brakes. The C models have a swept back top triple tree. I forgot about the rubber bushings on the street models for the handlebars. Maybe it's BSA?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Can't be '67 as the single leading shoe brake has a big flange on the backing plate kinda like the '68 brakes.
'66 and '67 had that flange on the single leading shoe brake, as did the '68-'69 twin leading. The '65 and earlier single leading shoe had straight spokes that seated inside the hub. The top tree is somewhat confusing as it has the non-bushed bars but it has threaded lugs on the side for attaching something, like a nacelle maybe? I think it's a "bitsa" fork.

Bob

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's a late pre unit fork with a 66 or 67 wheel, the pre units were internal spring and the early forks had both front and rear lower fender stay mounts. Yours only has the rear mount, so I'm guessing it's 58-62.

Eric

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
That's a late pre unit fork with a 66 or 67 wheel, the pre units were internal spring and the early forks had both front and rear lower fender stay mounts. Yours only has the rear mount, so I'm guessing it's 58-62.

Eric
Look at the seal holders. They are the larger diameter unit type for external springs to seat in. Pre-unit seal holders were much smaller in diameter. I still think this thing is a mix and match nightmare.

Bob

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The previous posts pretty much nailed it- your trees are '46-'59 nacelle model (non-duplex frame pre-unit) and if you eyeball the stem in relation to the tubes, you should see a few degrees of rake.

The wheel is '66/'67 with an 8" brake. The fork lowers are unit for sure, probably '64-'66 looking at the flared lip at the top of the spring cup/fork seal holder- I think '67 is when the little lip at the top of the spring cup was bent 90 degrees instead of flared.

Got a pic of the springs and internal dampers?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like i have a pile of all kinds of years,but sould they or will they all work together?So as far as ordering new fork tubes i just need to get 64 to 66? Or is it better to have mine cut down to size? i think they are 6 or 8 inch over.Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts