Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a JD frame and springer this friday and Im having trouble deciding what to do with it. How rare are these? is there a difference between the JD and JDH frames? as far as the springer it looks like it would need new rockers and tubes so basically the only usable parts are some of the castings due the the pitting being so bad. The frame is uncut and pitted but the neck casting looks great the rear section needs new tubes and axle plates. It would take alot of work but looks like it could be fixed. I'm not sure if I should fix it because I won't ever come by a jd engine or any other parts. and I'm sure putting my 45 in it might ruin something a collector could use, but it looks so cool. might just end up a cool table. Any experts want to chime in? Oh and I'm lucky enough that I live 10 minutes away from Irish Rich. As soon as I got it I was able to stop by his place so he could point me in the right direction of finding the model. For claiming he doesn't know much that far back he knew quite a bit.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts