Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked this 1975 sporty up yesterday. And yes I know its a pile of shit, but it came at a good price and the motor has some good bits in it.
Now time for you guys to come up with some ideas and even photo shop the pics.
My Idea is to junk the forks, bend the top tube down and replace the two front down tubes with a single tube so that I can use a pair of big twin stock length springer forks.
Over to you!!

· Registered
36 Posts
nutrocker said:
picked this 1975 sporty up yesterday. And yes I know its a pile of shit, but it came at a good price and the motor has some good bits in it.
Now time for you guys to come up with some ideas and even photo shop the pics.
My Idea is to junk the forks, bend the top tube down and replace the two front down tubes with a single tube so that I can use a pair of big twin stock length springer forks.
Over to you!!http://www.chopsnbobbers.com/Albums/index.php?gallery=./Petes%20Sportster&image=Right%20side.jpg
hell, i like it. I would just clean it up and ride the shit out of it.

· Tiny Member
1,268 Posts
Respect the bike for what it is, a chopper.

Toss the front brake and use a spool, shave the legs and run some gaiters, polish a bunch of stuff, respray the frame and rear rim black, a nice kandy color on the tins and some custom pipes.

Clean choppers are great...especially w/ everyone thinking they need to build a "bobber" now.

· Registered
320 Posts
Tony Bones said:
Toss the front brake and use a spool, shave the legs and run some gaiters, polish a bunch of stuff, respray the frame and rear rim black, a nice kandy color on the tins and some custom pipes.
What he said, but with some short risers and 4 in. Z bars kicked out forward.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thought it was 'bout time I put some updated pics of what has been done to my sporty.
Frames been cut and shortened to give more ground clearence, new bars made, stupidly small tank, 18" rear wheel and ribbed guard, jockey shift and replica springers.

Had the motor running and she sounds real strong, but I'm sure that won't last for long. Still need to do a few bits like the foot clutch and front brake

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.