Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thats an air scoop. It mounts on the left sides of the cyclinders and supplies extra air for cooling. Had one on my 70 Electraglide.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yup. Its 'sposta get more air to the rear cylinder.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It is most likely a shield from the 1470's. It's lack of adornment and obvious scarring suggests its use in actual combat, as opposed to a high ranking officers display or dress item. It's shape indicates use by a foot bound soldier as opposed to horse back. Very nice piece.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It is most likely a shield from the 1470's. It's lack of adornment and obvious scarring suggests its use in actual combat, as opposed to a high ranking officers display or dress item. It's shape indicates use by a foot bound soldier as opposed to horse back. Very nice piece.
^^^^

Yea it was either Pawnstars or Antique Roadshow.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i think i laughed a little harder then i should have at this

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
If there's a round hole with a flange on the other side, like about 6", it was originally designed as a scoop for a 4 barrel carburetor on a car, many of which got adapted as scoops on the left side of dressers. I think someone even sold them commercial with the brackets to do that.

The design was taken from the shields of 13th century foot soldiers. (so I heard.)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
There is the same one on mad max,s car on top of the blower in the movies very simalar..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts