Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story here but the short is that I am no longer able to insure my "home build" in this great Province of Ontario, Canada any longer.

DSCF1302.jpg

So a frame swap is on the books. I managed to pick up a 74 FLH Harley Davidson frame and Harley VIN last month along with a few bits and pieces.

DSCF1346.jpg

DSCF1347.jpg

I will be changing things up a bit and can't get Sentimental Boy out of my head

429686a2406022fc7dee78193d1f0050.jpg

Does anyone know what this tank started out as? Thanks, Rhys.

motorcycles-den-sentimental-boy-1980-full-6968 (1).jpg

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Pretty sure that is an alien tank....could be an actual "axed" fatbob setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, so the overhaul is on....................... Frame swap is in progress......... Wiring stage right now............... I am trying to stay ahead of the game with parts and tires are next. Where would I find tires like the ones in the picture of "Sentimental Boy" above? Thanks, Rhys.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm sure it'll come out looking good, but it's a shame you have to mess with it: your yellow bike is nice. I like swingarms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay......................... Another tank question. I am going with the five gallon split tanks. I found a used set and gave one a glass beading today. Below the bodywork I found these mounts.

IMG_0413 (002).JPG

Would these be mounting points for the old AMF emblems as pictured below? Thanks, Rhys.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Those are the relief dents in the tank for the tank emblem mount that is missing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts