Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking this question for a guy at work. Hopefully you guys will know. If the year is too new and makes this thread off topic, mods please close it.
I know nothing about Harleys other than I can't afford one, please keep your answers easy for me to repeat back to the guy at work!
Ok....he has a 2009 Street Bob and wants to know if a Cross Bones springer front end will fit. (I don't even know what that is). If so what years and what other springers will fit?
I get the feeling he just wants it to bolt right on with no neck mods or weird bearings.
Hope I can get him some answers! Thanks fellas, and like I said if it's too new close the thread.
Johnny

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'd have him get with whoever makes the "Cross Bones" springer, they must know what necks they fit and what lengths they make them in.

Sometimes it's easier just to go right to the source........

Sixball

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
The Street Bob is a Dyna, and the Cross Bones is a Softail. The length and diamater of the fork stem is the same, so no problem there. What is different are the fork stops. Have your friend stop by the dealer and look at the two. (but don't ask, the official Harley-Davidson answer is no, it won't work. The forks are from different "families.")

·
Registered
887 Posts
The Street Bob is a Dyna, and the Cross Bones is a Softail. The length and diamater of the fork stem is the same, so no problem there. What is different are the fork stops. Have your friend stop by the dealer and look at the two. (but don't ask, the official Harley-Davidson answer is no, it won't work. The forks are from different "families.")
Great informative post. I guess that just proves I am lost when it comes to the new stuff. I assumed Cross Bones was some kind of aftermarket springer.

Spot on advice

Sixball

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just buy the Paughco springer. Bolts right on and runs a shock. Installed one last month on a Dyna I built for a guy. Ran PM brake,OEM rotor on a powder coated Invader mag! :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.