Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, thanks for the ideas...it's hard to tell what stuff is without much experience considering that the frame is an old Triumph and the rest is an eclectic collection of different era stuff.

Left side:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
It is an early Sportster hub and brake setup. Since all the early Sportsters came with 18" back wheels, lots of folks laced up 16" rims to customize and lower the rearend of these bikes. Some of the rims came from England.
Larry T
BTW, what part of the frame is Triumph? It looks like a custom frame for a Sportster to me.

·
Registered
393 Posts
like larry T said, early sporty hub & brake, probably a dunlop rim. ditch the deathtrap cable clamp & anchor set up. those are only to be used to repair clutch cables! you will surely die trusting it to hold a brake cable in a panic stop!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mechanical brake's a goner as soon as I get my disc setup. Call me a wuss, but I like living. I've gotten used to it.

I was told it was a Triumph frame when I got it, so I was just taking the guy's word on it. If ou see anything you recognize, feel free to clue me in. An email from Freddie's Frames told me that the frame and springer were made by A.E.E. Tom McMullins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts