Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandpa passed away a few months ago and i inherited this honda, its pretty cool, dont have a clue what year it is, im guessing a early 60's CT90, but hell it starts on the 1st or 2nd kick............ Should i chop it, keep it, or sell it to fund the triumph?

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rockymtnpits said:
Dont fuck that bike up.

Leave it alone and enjoy it!
I was just joking, wanted to see what reactions i got...... The bike is in perfect shape, my grandfather took great care of it, it has 623 original miles on it, no rust, all original, and it runs like a champ.... Oh, yeah two different set's of sprockets for the rear (high/low gear), anybody have a clue what ive inherited?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sab...

First, that thing is tits... I'd keep it, but that's me. If you want to sell, there are A LOT of folks out there really into the old Honda scooter models like yours. I go to vintage car races where guys drool over that sort of stuff (and have more money than brains).

Second, when I got my '65 Honda S90, I found this site for questions, etc. Lotsa smart lads here to help out. I am sure there are other boards, but this is a great place to start. http://www.hondaheaven.org/index.php

Think of cool you'd look sounding a bicycle ringer on those bars and laughing like PeeWee Herman as you wave to the ladies at 25mph (seriously, that would be cool).

·
Registered
263 Posts
I was in san fransisco a few months ago, on lombard by the park there was a guy on a yellow honda 90 with huge apehangers wearing a german helmet, honking an anemic little horn and passing cars going downhill. Keep it!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Your CT-90 is an early one. Definitely '60s vintage. Aside from any sentimental value, it's probably worth more than you think.

It looks like it has an overlay sprocket on the rear. Does it also have the high-low selector switch under the transmission?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VA Rebel said:
Your CT-90 is an early one. Definitely '60s vintage. Aside from any sentimental value, it's probably worth more than you think.

It looks like it has an overlay sprocket on the rear. Does it also have the high-low selector switch under the transmission?
I just looked under the transmission, and there is a switch with a high and low marked on the case, ill have to try it out and see what she does. My dad told me when he was a kid that thing would crawl up tree's in low if you werent to careful

·
Registered
485 Posts
A friend of mine bought one of those from a little old lady one summer. He got it for super cheap and we all rode the hell out of it! We use to load 3 of us on it and head to our skate spots. He would even ride it up the canyon in the winter time to go snowboarding. That thing was a mule!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts