Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a '77 Triumph 750 engine, left side shift. Mostly together but jugs and heads etc are in pieces. Missing pistons, pushrods, pushrod tubes. No carbs. Exterior looks to be in good shape with expected oil, grease, and dirt. Seller doesn't know anything about the history of the engine. He bought it with a parts lot and he doesn't want / need it. I've only seen photos, and it looks buildable. What is the going rate for something like this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pistons and carbs are going to run you up to 500.00...unless you have used amals...gasket sets...at least a hone if not bore of the cylinders...I personally would only offer up $200.00...I would also be splitting the cases..

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I would say it depends on what you were gonna do with it. Do you need one for your project? Or are you gonna bail out of it in a couple weeks and resell it. I would say that the open market would allow up to $500 on something like that. If it had pistons they would probably need to be replaced anyway, so that is not really an issue. I know a five speed gearset would go for $500 on the open market at least. $200 would be awesome, but $500 would be reasonable too.

·
Registered
726 Posts
i dunno, wes....i bought a Lshift t140 complete @ the webster flea market for $500 and it came with the title and neck w/#`s.....and it had sat all day and no one wanted to give the $500 asking price!
now the seller DID tell everybody who would listen that T140V was NOT a five spd![ he had shifted it through by hand static and only counted four gears!] and of course, it is a 5 spd........i`m with everybody else,,,,,$200~300

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your replies. I like the engine, and it is within reasonable driving distance, but the price is a notable amount more than the highest suggested price in this thread so far.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.