Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my girlfriends little KZ440 to work this morning and noticed that it pulls to the left whenever you take your hands off the bars. You can't feel it when riding while gripping the bars, but you let go and a couple of seconds later you're heading for the yellows. I asked the guy at the local shop and he had no clue.

Anyone want to take a stab at it?

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
237 Posts
Were you riding sidesaddle?

·
Registered
853 Posts
wheels not running in the same plane for whatever reason, or weight not distributed evenly over the centerline of the bike.

·
Registered
825 Posts
sidecar?....kidding...oh that would pull to the right.....

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
my old shadow did that because the tubes & trees were tweaked from the guy before me dropping the bike. nothing was bent though, i just had to loosen the bolts in the upper & lower trees & twist the front wheel with my knees like you would with a bicycle after a crash that moved the bars out of alignment with the wheel. quick fix. the bike was straight as an arrow after that. dont forget to retighten the trees though, or everything will be really bent, even your face.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rythemean said:
Were you riding sidesaddle?
No, but my left ass cheek is bigger than the right - :D

I'll have to check some things out, starting with the fork. Then on to the rear wheel. How could I check the frame for straightness? Where could it have bent if this is the problem?

Sorry if these are dumb questions - never had this problem before.

Jay

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bent fork tubes.

When you hold the front wheel fully in line with the rear wheel do the bars have a slight turn to the right? I thought so.

Sometimes if you loosen all the bolts in the trees and reef on the front end a bit, you can get things to straighten out a bit better...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts