Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dude i bought it from claims 750 honda, but i tried to put a cb750 engine in it tonight and i just dont see that as being right.

Its similar, so im thinkin its jap, but man i dont know whats up, its like the frame is narrower than that of a cb750. Im on hondachopper.com now lookin at frames, and none are simlar, the two tubes comin down under the seat flare out really wide to get the width they need for the rear of the motor, which looks kinda stupid to me

Whats you best guess on engine type ? ? ? What about brand

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Kawasaki four? In a couple old mags i have a lot of the adds sell Kaw rigid frames.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Looks like a Honda 500/550 4 AMEN frame. I couldn't open the thumbs enough to see the detail, but I know it is not a 750 frame.
Hank

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Looks indeed pretty much a Honda 500-550 four frame... The upright sidetubes leaning rearwards gives away that this is a AMEN frame...The four front motor mounts give away that this is for a Honda 500-550 four...(The 750 had only 2 mounts on the bottom)
Altough..the front crossover tube between the downtubes was not there on the 500-550 frames...only the 750 frames had those..
And you are missing the left and right rear engine mount "plates."..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gas House Gorilla said:
If it is not the right frame and you want to get rid of it I sure could use it for one of my engines. I will keep a lookout for a 750 frame for you. I think I saw one on egay recently. Hondachopper has a set of frame plans for a 750.
I think i am pretty close to turning it, i found a complete running 750 for 1000 that is the ss version and is pretty darn nice with kerker and aftermarket aircleaners. . . my thoughts are offer 900, spend up to 300 in cafe extras, plus $$ from any parts removed and have a kool means of transportation that is good on gas for 1300ish .. . then build another hd . . .

Shipping is prolly gonna be the hang up, but if i can commit on selling and argee on price, i can take it to the hamb drags here in a few weeks, and you can get the homies off of the jalopyjournal to help relay it !!!!

Let me see where im at on cash on the other bike, that will be my main motorvation for selling !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts