Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
801 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
i beleive these are made by flanders-best bars i have ever owned. had 16 inch flanders 7/8 apes on my triumph bobber. i got run off the road by some jack ass and i crashed. the triumph tumbled from handle bar to rear wheel multiple times (5 or 6 don't remeber all of what happened) and the bars didn't bend at all. can't say enough about them! cheif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
They look like what we limeys call 'western' bars that were supplied on a lot of stateside export Triumphs in the sixties and early to mid seventies....or maybe not
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Matt D said:
They look like what we limeys call 'western' bars that were supplied on a lot of stateside export Triumphs in the sixties and early to mid seventies....or maybe not
I was gonna say the same thing, look just like the American spec bars that came on my '72 Tiger. I love 'em.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,257 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,194 Posts
Does anybody knows if somebody repops these typical Buckhorns as they used on vintage race-Bobs or whatever you wanna call'em..?

Probably I'll end up cutting a couple bars up and make my own I guess...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
Danny F. said:
Does anybody knows if somebody repops these typical Buckhorns as they used on vintage race-Bobs or whatever you wanna call'em..?

Probably I'll end up cutting a couple bars up and make my own I guess...
Have you checked here? Both Harley & Flanders repops, not the cheapest though...
http://fabercycle.com/
Just choose "American made..." & scroll down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Danny F Im refering to the 1st pic in this post , sorry bou the confusion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,194 Posts
Busted Knuckles said:
Danny F Im refering to the 1st pic in this post , sorry bou the confusion.
Thanks for the PM Busted K. !
Epinut, I checked that site and they do have six different Flander bars..! The #11 is very close to what I'm after..probably bent the pullback angle a little bit more downwards and voila ! As you said, not cheap but...
I 'm gonne do some research on those US Triumph bars also first...

mucho gracias !
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
caffeine, i have some bars just like that if you're interested. they came off a '73 Bonnie. PM if you want to take em off my hands cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Lummox said:
I was gonna say the same thing, look just like the American spec bars that came on my '72 Tiger. I love 'em.
hey, lummox. maybe i'm puttin' 2 and 2 together and comin' up w/ 3, but are you in MD? yer location says SOMD, so i'm guessin' that means southern maryland.
anyhow is yer bike the "boiler maker" that was in the HORSE a year or so back?
the pic is kinda small, but it sure does look like it. if maybe the seat was changed and some other items.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
Nothing except the Flanders style bars are going to give you the downward swoop of the old flat-track style bars. That maroon and Black unit Bobber STYLE bike in one of the pics is mine (or built by me). The bars were an old barnett copy of the flanders bars.

I am having some Flanders style bars made that have the swoop. Won't be ready for a while though and will be one inch.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
caffeine said:
i think im just looking for stock 7/8 bars....someone correct me if im wrong. (need to be 7/8 as my top tree has built in clamps.)
Stock bars are 7/8" on Triumphs. They do look like western bars, same as on my 64 T100.

Frenchie

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,194 Posts
fouraceswes said:
Nothing except the Flanders style bars are going to give you the downward swoop of the old flat-track style bars. That maroon and Black unit Bobber STYLE bike in one of the pics is mine (or built by me). The bars were an old barnett copy of the flanders bars.

I am having some Flanders style bars made that have the swoop. Won't be ready for a while though and will be one inch.
Thanks Wes ! Yes, I misunderstood the mistake Busted Knuckles posted, he corrected it later, my screw-up also...
I'm working with the bottom of a Fatboy bar now and the downward "swoops" op a late style pullback (FXSTSpringer), these bends are very similar to those Flanders..(cut them and turn them in the correct direction before welding, obviously) But of course I will have to add also the spiral throttle ends...$$$
I'm waiting for another option from Anthony...
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top