Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going for an old school racer/cafe racer look. i guess i could go with clubmans, but i was wondering if you guys had any other suggestions.

also, what i should do with my sidecovers.
sheet metal, leather, or just repaint some stock ones?

·
Registered
896 Posts
You know I've always dug the stock norton atlas bars for comfort and looks, but not very racer oriented, unless you flip them. A "broom stick" drag bar looks cool. I hate clubmans. Tomaselli's are nice because they're adjustable. Clip Ons are cool too, but they handle like shit for street riding. Just my opinions.

·
Registered
798 Posts
clip ons rule...but pretty uncomfortable for longer rides.

i think anything but stock side covers always looks kinda weird. diamond plate never comes out looking right.

·
Registered
896 Posts
thecary said:
what are broomstick bars?

give me some links, dudes, so i can see exactly what you mean.
I don't really have time to look cause I'm work, but it's a drag bar, basically a straight piece of tubing with no bends. I don't know who sells 7/8's bars these days.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Voneville said:
I don't really have time to look cause I'm work, but it's a drag bar, basically a straight piece of tubing with no bends. I don't know who sells 7/8's bars these days.
My drag bars have slight bends in them near the grips/ controls. Now go watch Mad Max!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
You dont have to do much of anything to make broomstick bars or "suicide drags" as ive heard them called. Just find a piece of tubing and cut it to length.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm gonna agree, the stock covers look the best. Maybe try to get some repops or egay some. I'm working on an idea to form some out of aluminum and if I come up with something worth posting you bet I will. Don't use diamond plate...completely gay, gay, gay. It doesnt even fit on a bike, it's just ******* chrome.

i think anything but stock side covers always looks kinda weird. diamond plate never comes out looking right.[/quote]

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shooty said:
clip ons rule...but pretty uncomfortable for longer rides.

i think anything but stock side covers always looks kinda weird. diamond plate never comes out looking right.
woah woah woah. no one said anything about diamond plate. i may be from the south, but i'm not THAT trashy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts