Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored..thought I would post some pics of what I've been working on...First two pics are of a friend's bike (he is here, not sure what his handle is though)....





Here is my ironhead....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
That tank looks enormous and out of proportion on that bike, I would shorten it a few inches or use a peanut tank. I like what's going in with the pipes, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tha Nutz said:
That tank looks enormous and out of proportion on that bike, I would shorten it a few inches or use a peanut tank. I like what's going in with the pipes, though.
I would have to agree....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts
Matthew in SD said:
I was bored..thought I would post some pics of what I've been working on...First two pics are of a friend's bike (he is here, not sure what his handle is though)....

Here is my ironhead....
Cool, building a single hoop frame? Looks cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
the big tank with the drag bars and rigid frame makes it look kinda huncheded up, could be a really powerful looking setup when done, wouldn't bet against it keep showing progress pics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Ha! I posted pics of that last night! Yeah, you don't notice it in person. But I think I'm going to try to see if anyone will swap me a smaller tank for that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts
SDJose said:
Ha! I posted pics of that last night! Yeah, you don't notice it in person. But I think I'm going to try to see if anyone will swap me a smaller tank for that one.
I have a late 70's sporty tank I could measure for you. It's in really bad shape though, you wouldn't want it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
I did an Evo sportster with one of those later big tanks. I narrowed it 2 1/2 or 3 inches at the back and about 2 inches at the bottom front, leaving the top front of the tank about stock width. I thought it came out looking pretty good. Looked like a sportster tank but different.

-Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts
SDJose said:
That bad huh?
Yea, it's got a lot of "history" :) It's got a huge dent from my uncles balls when he rear-ended a car. It's also got a real ugly repair job someone gas welded. It was covered in bondo. He bead blasted it and figured out why it didn't hold much gas! Haha. I'll post a pic tonight if I go out to the garage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Voneville said:
Yea, it's got a lot of "history" :) It's got a huge dent from my uncles balls when he rear-ended a car. It's also got a real ugly repair job someone gas welded. It was covered in bondo. He bead blasted it and figured out why it didn't hold much gas! Haha. I'll post a pic tonight if I go out to the garage.
Damn! Would be worth seeing just for its "history"!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts
SDJose said:
Damn! Would be worth seeing just for its "history"!
Cover the women and childrens eyes!

It's actually not too bad, I think I might use it. I'm half tempted to spray it with primer and run it as is because of it's history. But my sense of taste says no.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top