Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
4,031 Posts
Looks like standard HD to me... it doesn't have the Pan-era reinforcement plate at the back, so either repop or Knuck.

What isn't lining up?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a regular solo seat that fits my Tbar. The front has one bolt in the middle, this buddy seat has two bolts on either side at the front, and the back mount is very far back. Do buddy seats have a different Tbar?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
You're missing the adapter bracket, from seat to t bar. HD p/n 52551-36

·
4,031 Posts
...and there is a bunch of other bits and pieces you need for the helper spring assembly.

I just got finished doing this conversion on a bike, what a pain.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the part number Joe, that's awesome. I got this buddy helper setup, but I think I'm missing a part that connects it to my fender or frame?

Attachments

·
4,031 Posts
That's most of the shit you'll need; good to have.

You'll need buddy pegs and peg brackets, of course.

As far as missing things for the seat, it depends what you are putting it on. That looks like a setup for a sprung-rear-end-bike, and I think you'd have everything but the yoke bracket. (52586-36) If you're putting that on a sprung bike, it's a lot easier, as I think later fenders have nuts spot welded to the inside of the fender to accept that yoke bracket; it saves pulling the rear wheel.

If you are putting that setup on a rigid, you'll need a different mount bracket. (52581-36). I think your spring assembly won't work either, for that you'll need a different spring mount jibbler... 13327-36.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
52586‑36 missing is this fender hook clip for the spring yoke.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Not to step on you govmule84, but that is a ridged set up. Springs and yoke pivot at the frame mount on ridge and on the seat for swingarm.
Seat mount set up for swing arm.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So I think I got it now, the long bolt goes through the frame tube (I have a chrome plug on each end of the frame currently) and the square pieces sit on top of the frame on each side, i still need a holder clampclip for when it's not in use. This is on a swing arm panhead BTW

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2 minutes ago · #12
This is the hook bracket I need for the fender, my fender has two holes on either side though, not two in a row like this example

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not to step on you govmule84, but that is a ridged set up. Springs and yoke pivot at the frame mount on ridge and on the seat for swingarm.
Seat mount set up for swing arm.
No that is not a rigid setup, it is for a swingarm frame .The one you pictured is also for a swingarm .I haves hotsos type on my 64 FL and your type on my 67FL

·
4,031 Posts
^Exactamundo. I didn't want to be that guy.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
My bad the one he showed is a step frame style 58-64. The one I picture is the 65-up. I didn't pay attention to the lack of a curve in the yoke that the ridged has and the Duo glide doesn't. Sorry for any ruffled feathers. I will have to do a little more thinking before posting.

·
4,031 Posts
Shit, I ain't worried.

I'm wrong about 600 times a day.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
You must be single. I'm married I'm wrong, on the best day's over a thousand times.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts