Jockey Journal Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember buying running Ironheads for next to nothing, now I'm seeing some one ebay that are priced higher than a leter evo sporty. Did I miss the memo on the price increase, or what?

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Yeah ya did, it reads "Morons need to buy this bike"

.......Roach.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
see em for 12-1800 quite often,,and good running bikes....

and as mention lotta folks bought them,,them dumped a fair amount into em,,trying to get back what you have in ,,is a hard thing many times

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Not sure when the memo went out but it did. I remember when you could buy them for $1,500. all day long. Coarse you put another $1,000 to $1,500. in it and it was still only worth the original price..
I remember when that same thing could be said of Pans and Knuckles. Supply and demand, plain and simple. Demand is driven in part by the "cool factor" of old Harleys, and they ain't makin' any more.

Bob

·
Registered
748 Posts
The one I have the 10 grand must have gone into JB weld and permatex.
Sheesh, easy there turbo, he wasn't directly insulting your bike.

Lots of JB weld and RTV seems to be the case with most I have to fix...Nearly all have gearbox problems too among the other typical issues. I have 5 in the shop right now and wouldn't pay more than $500 for any one of them. Then again, that's all a non-running and rideable Ironhead is worth to me.

The prices are going up because all the hipsters that can't afford big twins and want a Harley are buying them. Problem with that is that it is counterproductive to their reasoning to buy one. Stupid fads.

Hell, you can buy a good runner for LESS than it costs someone to have one gone through but it still likely needs at least a few hundred bucks to get everything setup right thanks to the newfound popularity of them.

·
Banned
7,407 Posts
Got a Bud that has a unmolested well cared for AMF 1974 with low miles and OG paint still on it...

Been after it for awhile now....Being it is the last of the right side shifts and Bone Stock as day one....

He has three other bikes and only fires it up once in a great while for a spin around the block...(Mostly just to fill it up with new gas) ..and let sit again..

So far he hasn't put a price on it....
Says it's alot of fun to roll it out into the driveway and have many people stop by to talk about it....:D....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I haven't noticed an increase in ironhead prices, as there have always been deals to be had and there have always been dumbasses who think they're sitting on gold. Typically those who are asking too much don't know dick about what it is or what it's worth, they just think old Harley and see dollar signs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
There are

2 1979's

and

1 1978

on my local craigslist right now with people ASKING $2300-3000 each.

Not great, but not bad.

Saw one the other day for right around 2k, but I am not really in the market yet at that price.

To find a good 'deal' it needs to have an 'issue' that the owner doesn't know how to fix, but would be pretty easier for a garage type guy. IMO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just picked up a running 78 Ironhead in a rigid frame for $900.00. It needs allot of work and it's got an ASPT title but who can pass up running old iron for less than a grand?

·
Registered
288 Posts
My friend in hawaii just picked up a 79 iron with 5k original miles for 500 bucks... its all original and i think he said the gas was bad and needed a new tank because it was a lil rusted. :eek:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Winner^^^..+1..there are some great deals on Shovels now.plus with winter coming folks will be unloading stuff for the holidays as well there will be good deals if you just invest time and look for them.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.