Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After having it chromed, it was taken to a shop and requested to be installed. Countless hours of frustration resulted from attempting to get it to work after the customer was told it was probably futile. The final determination was that S&S apparently knows what they're talking about when they recommend that their carbs not be plated. This is the outcome to insure that no one else is ever afflicted with this particular shiny POS. :p

New video by Ed Bennett

Font Jewellery Auto part Body jewelry Metal

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
..and i always though there was no good use for a S&S a carb. Then Ed comes along with a good use for them. All that's left is to get to the ones that are not chromed.:LOL:
Now now!! I also don't like them but I appreciate they have good use and applciation in specific cirtcumstances - I.e a Cone shovel.
Horses for courses, as they say. If the primary purpose of the build is to be a reliable daily rider with all around good manners, a well tuned Super E is hard to beat. If you're priority is absolute performance, period correctness, or show beauty, then not so much. Especially on a cone shovel. Just don't have it chromed unless you never actually mean to run the engine. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts