Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand gaskets are considered to be good? I've searched around and haven't found anything on this site or anywhere else. I'm rebuilding my '68 T120R from the bottom up. I ordered the Emgo kit and was not impressed at all! I've also heard on another thread (after buying them of course) that emgos aren't that great and leak easy. What would be a good brand or kit to go with that i wouldn't have to worry about leaking 100 miles down the road?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yamabond. The only gasket you need on a Triumph is the head gasket. And you don't need to buy one, just anneal the old one.

There are other sealers out there that also work well.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What ever gasket you use, make double sure the oil pump holes are lined up correctly and the gasket does not restrict the flow between the pump and the case.

I came on this tip recently and hadn't thought of it before.

I also have a MAP bottom and top end kit although I haven't used it yet I will be giving it a go in my first build.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
MAP yes

Emgo .. hells no ... I learned the hard way that buying emgo for anythingon my brit bike means I have to buy it again before I get the part on the bike.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah dude, I'll be the first to tell you their site is "a work in progress". Much like a lot of these old birt suppliers the site leaves a lot to be desired. I would call.

Lynda will typically answer, she's nice and they get things out pretty fast.

I'm not a fan of the drop down boxes on their site. Personally it seems like you have to already know what they have to be able to find it.

Like another person who posted said, they include "O" rings and Washers and that's awesome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like MAP's stuff but have not had good luck calling them and as ya'll said their web site is lack luster. I'd prefer to deal direct but can't always call durring regular hours. They do list their stuff on the online auction website of sodomy, which is open 24 hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.