Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
First thing - set the bike on the ground.That's how your going to view it.I'd try the Indian.Dare to be creative.Work with it a little.Add something to it.Customize it. If you run the mustang (boring) do something to it.-Strat.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks boys! My problem stems from having too many likes, not enough bikes. I suffer from this with cars but have about 9 at the moment, all different and bad ass. The indian tanks were bought for my 1930 Harley frame, 28 Indian eliptical. But I had to try it out. Pretty sure I am going with the mustang since I have some other killer parts th accentuate it. My other problem is that I like having stuff that does'nt look like everyone else's, and I wanna put some real fab time into my stuff, not just bolt stuff on. I may change the tunnel in the mustang cuase its the only part of the tank thats a little ragged. At that time I'll figure out the stance. Got my camera working finally so you'll see a lot more soon, including the great shop we've just begun working in. Thanks, what up Nimrod!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Luke Nosewalker said:
I like the mustang. Is that springer chrome,white and black??
Frontend is green, beige and chrome. Gonna put it two tone again, different colors. Drk Brown for sure. I have just begun, been busy peeling all the old shit off. The wishbone was said to be untouched, but their's a ton of extra plating on it. Just through those tanks on, have lots of wheels combos,tanks, and parts to choose from. Here's what I started with, hahahaha!

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
dirtyest devil said:
tanks on, have lots of wheels combos,tanks, and parts to choose from. Here's what I started with, hahahaha!
Ha Ha? Except for the pipes and primary cover, that is a pretty classic looking bike.

I vote for the mustang tank also. The skinny indian job would work if you also have the same proportionately skinny fenders, seats, etc. IMHO.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looks like the bike's going to be a big improvement over what it was. I like what your doing there. As far as the tank goes I'd use the Mustang for sure, the Indian tank is different, I like different but it just dosn't look as good. It's too squatty and looks too early for that bike. The position you've got that Mustang tank at says chopper to me, and it fits the proportions of the bike.

Have you done anything with the VL frame project? I haven't touched mine. I might try and find a little time this weekend to split an aftermarket Mustang tank for it. I'll post some pictures if I do.

-Jeff

·
Registered
773 Posts
dirtyest devil said:
Frontend is green, beige and chrome. Gonna put it two tone again, different colors. Drk Brown for sure. I have just begun, been busy peeling all the old shit off. The wishbone was said to be untouched, but their's a ton of extra plating on it. Just through those tanks on, have lots of wheels combos,tanks, and parts to choose from. Here's what I started with, hahahaha!
Dude...
Shoulda just left it alone!
New bars, ditch the p-pad, and run it!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haven't touched the VL frame yet, wanna play with this one first, plus my Rock an Roll club bussiness has been keeping me busy. If I was to keep the Indian tanks on it, the tire combo would change and a bunch of other stuff. I may narrow, lengthen, or shorten the mustang, might just leave it alone. Fact is, I have'nt had a lot of time to think it all out, just enough time to tear it down and throw a few things on it. Been busy getting the shop together, signs painted, and running my bar. By the way, I will be doing a sick chopper show sometime in May possabley. Check out the Friday art show for more pics, finally have something to add! And no I dont wanna sell the Indian tanks. I actually need to repace the bottoms too, so I may narrow, shorten or something, can't just leave it alone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts