Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres what i got, worth the drive, although friday didnt have too many vendors...

wassel tank
sporty tank
2 pairs gran turismos and a line on LOTS more
pair of cocktail shakers
solo seat with mount and springs
headlight
bates saddle bags (threw on ebay RIGHT AWAY)

spent less than $100 on all... NICE deals for the first day especially, nice dealers, not afraid to come off the price...

anyone else get anything cool?

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
how about an ebay link ??

and to answer your question, I saw this post on another board by a friend (Brad) who went :

"Dateline, Iola Wis : Iola swap meet report

What a fucking waste of time joke. Anybody who thinks this is a "great swap meet that makes Davenport look like a burp" is a fucking idiot.

The amount of parts for Harley Davidson motorcycles in the whole thing was dwarfed by what Terry himself brings to Davenport. Seriously. And Terry at least brings quality used or N O S stuff - not stock take off or crashed bike shit.

There were a couple nice Triumphs for sale, and a few Triumph parts, but not much in that line either.

Unless of course you are in the market for clapped out honda or suzuki dirtbike stuff - then it would be heaven. Oh well, live and learn.

The show part did have some nice of everything in it - from old Indian singles, through the knuckle sidecars, and some cool Triumph and Norton bikes.

but, there is a rule about not going home from an auction or a swap meet without a purchase.......so I bought this

It's a 65 BSA A50B - which means it is a 500 cc competition model. It's a little rough, but mostly there, has a title, and has compression. It looked so sad there surrounded by all that junk, I just had to do it. And only 6 dead presidents. I know some of you would rather shower in prison than spend 600 for a BSA, but I'm just a tad left of center up here in cheese land, eh !"

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i love that bike!i was lookin at it, i see you got him down a lil money.. i think $600 is a SOLID deal... was a small swap meet for sure, LOTS AND LOTS of jap bikes i thought were worth $20, lol... found some good deals though, cant complain, i would imagine it got busier after friday, had to be a few more vendors, they were arriving even as we left...

rreally only my first swap meet, so i guess i gotta get out more, LOL

that triumph with side car for $4950 obo i thought was a solid deal, fresh chrome, motor, paint, all that, and ya dont see a side car trump every day...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Peanut tank ($8) Old cool ribbed fender ($2) New clubman bars ($17) and the real deal was some Ed Roth Chopper mags all for three bucks.I think I saw you there with some mufflers and a long style wassel tank.(green?) Wondered how I missed that tank.Lotsa cool Trump and BSA bikes and parts.Some of that old Jap stuff is cool.Maybe ya just hadda be there back then.I destroyed quite a few of those when I was a kid. -Strat.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah that was me bro.... did ya get my pm, sorry i was kinda an ass at the cheaters show, lots of personal shit goin on, and i had to yell at the guy i was talkin to, so sorry if it seemed like i ignored ya, got taht wassel i had for $5!!!!!!! how did i miss a $8 peanut? lol... and a $2 fender?!?!?! DAMNIT! i saw the bars for $17, but had some already...

what do ya build man? maybe we can get together on some trade stuff or something or a ride some time?!!>!>!>

sorry again!, its not like me

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
greasystain said:
did i mention i got a triumph for sale? lol 1500 if someone comes and gets it tomorrow.
dude dont go down so fast, only been for sale for like a few days!!! calm down!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahaha, pork, lets go to davenport... you wanna drive? go half on gas?? i wanna go to that swap meet BAD... 3.5 hours away, supposed to be HUGE, shov looks different already... we will ride this weekend

1 - 11 of 11 Posts