Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
There's a bike i would like to have, 2nd after a Vincent Black Shadow. Wow what a cool bike! Good to see someone is actually riding it and not on permanet display. Gregg

·
Registered
85 Posts
He-he,
When Dale had his place in Illinois, My wife and I went to see it. Dale was there somewhere, and when I saw the Crocker there, I blurted out "Holy Cow" and next thing I knew he was behind me going "what's wrong?" I said It was the first one I'd seen, - - as he started it up for me, he said he'd just ridden it the day before - what a guy!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Walksler is a good guy. While traveling across the country, I used to stop in Mt. Vernon to check out his impressive and always expanding collection.

The 1st time I dropped in, it was in the morning and everyone was in the HD dealership. I asked about the museum, and Dale said "Sure come check it out". He cut the lights on and I was stunned. He left the wife and I alone for about 30 minutes, then returned and talked w/ us for another 30 minutes, fielding questions that must have been asked a thousand times.

He had an unbelievable collection 10-15 years ago, especially for a guy his age. Bet it's even better now. Some of the bikes were extremly rare. He had a proto-type built by GM with a Panhead engine, a 3 wheeled military Knucklehead made for the Canadian Military which if memory serves me, only 16 were built, Ner-A-Car's made on both sides of the Atlantic (one ex-McQueen), several early board track bikes in as raced condition, well.....you get the picture. Got to stop by his place next time I'm in western NC.

Thanks for the post ******!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'll second that!

greggski said:
There's a bike i would like to have, 2nd after a Vincent Black Shadow. Wow what a cool bike! Good to see someone is actually riding it and not on permanet display. Gregg

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hey man ...dale is a good guy . Me and a friend took a greyhound bus to davenport swap from Vancouver Canada,...3 days straight on the bus there...i saw the most horrific things and smelled the most horrific smells on that bus ride . From retarded girl hand jobs to thalidomide black kid trying to roll joints ..saw it all . Any way when we got there nobody looked or says shit to a couple road weary dudes fresh off the boat .....EXCEPT HIM!.....he set us up with cigars... beer and anything we needed to where to camp to what to look out for ...he even let us ride his dl Harley..he was selling .......so that dude is good in my books ......friend for life .........sermon over!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
BLACK13 said:
Hey man ...dale is a good guy . Me and a friend took a greyhound bus to davenport swap from Vancouver Canada,...3 days straight on the bus there...i saw the most horrific things and smelled the most horrific smells on that bus ride . From retarded girl hand jobs to thalidomide black kid trying to roll joints ..saw it all . Any way when we got there nobody looked or says shit to a couple road weary dudes fresh off the boat .....EXCEPT HIM!.....he set us up with cigars... beer and anything we needed to where to camp to what to look out for ...he even let us ride his dl Harley..he was selling .......so that dude is good in my books ......friend for life .........sermon over!
does sound like a decent guy indeed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts