Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well had an eventful weekend. Took the 69 iron head out for a spin.
and had my kick stand drop at 45+mph, right as I was coming up to a left handed bank with guard rails on the right......

well when I came to I was in a ambulance headed for the hospital.

They cut my shirt off and reviled a few tattoos, I heard the tech say, we better plug this guy we don't want him going nuts when he realizes where he is... so i felt a little needle and i woke up again in the hospital 45 min latter.

This time naked, with people yelling....

so I asked if I could get up and put my close on, I feel fine.

The doctor said if you can, you can, so I did.

The doctor followed me out to the front and the CHP officer that was on site said if I dint see it I wouldn't believe it, I was going to write a toe tag.

I am kind of sore but don't even have a rash, just a nick on my wrist and a cracked helmet.....
be careful brothers….

<o:p> </o:p>

Oh&#8230; the bike is fine, the CHIPY said It landed on me. Ha ha.
So.
Double check the little things, like springs and wear a good helmet.... by the way anyone have a good metelflake gold helmet for sale?

Keith

·
Registered
675 Posts
Good to know you walked away! Go buy a lottery ticket!
Scarloos said:
Well had an eventful weekend. Took the 69 iron head out for a spin.
and had my kick stand drop at 45+mph, right as I was coming up to a left handed bank with guard rails on the right......

well when I came to I was in a ambulance headed for the hospital.

They cut my shirt off and reviled a few tattoos, I heard the tech say, we better plug this guy we don't want him going nuts when he realizes where he is... so i felt a little needle and i woke up again in the hospital 45 min latter.

This time naked, with people yelling....

so I asked if I could get up and put my close on, I feel fine.

The doctor said if you can, you can, so I did.

The doctor followed me out to the front and the CHP officer that was on site said if I dint see it I wouldn't believe it, I was going to write a toe tag.

I am kind of sore but don't even have a rash, just a nick on my wrist and a cracked helmet.....
be careful brothers&#8230;.

<O:p> </O:p>

Oh&#8230; the bike is fine, the CHIPY said It landed on me. Ha ha.
So.
Double check the little things, like springs and wear a good helmet.... by the way anyone have a good metelflake gold helmet for sale?

Keith

·
Registered
421 Posts
Damn man! I'm glad to hear that you're OK and that you cushioned the bike's fall so it's not too torn up.

And yet another interesting helmet story. I wonder what your head woulda been like without it? That's a good lesson for the rest of us.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I think helmets help for sure but here is something to chew on. Back in 1989 before the helmet law in California I was riding my bike down the road and a car plowed thru a stop sign and ran me down. I shattered my hips took all the skin off my left arm (peeled back by the car tire) and shaved the sides of my head and tore my ear almost half off. Now the Cop said that if I was wearing a helmet the car would have ripped my head clean off. Helmets are great but they don't keep you alive all the time. BE SAFE out there!!

BigDdy31 said:
Damn man! I'm glad to hear that you're OK and that you cushioned the bike's fall so it's not too torn up.

And yet another interesting helmet story. I wonder what your head woulda been like without it? That's a good lesson for the rest of us.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I highsided my motard and landed on my head last night. My neck hurts. I love my helmet.

Glad to hear yer OK

·
Registered
177 Posts
Glad you're still here...gotta do that pre-flight check every time (I suck at that!)

My pal has got a sidestand lock that he made...he's gotta reach down to undo it...

·
Registered
246 Posts
damn, you are ok, your bike is ok! All you lost was a helmet! That is kick ass, just the story alone is worth the helmet.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Lucky man you are..!!

I had my kickstand down doing around 60 a few weeks ago. We were going straight and my buddy saw it... Lucky me. We stopped, put a zip tie around it and drove home quickly. I installed another spring and off we were again. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
glad you're ok, bro! Don't want to see anyone here become a statistic....

BTW, since helmet laws were repealed in Fla., the fatality rate for m/c crashes has increased 80%....helmets, just like seat belts, don't guarantee you'll be safe, but I like the odds a whole lot better

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/08/08/helmets/

(p/s - I don't agree with mandatory helmet laws, as we are all capable of making our own choices, but I think anyone who rides without one is a damn fool)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, a helmet will help or at least leave ya with a pretty head ... But I never trust those type of numbers ....
For awhile here in Cal, the State had a campaign saying that said 2nd hand smokers are more at risk than the guy smoking because he has the filter ... What Crap ... No not numbers, but a twist on the truth. As the ol' saying goes .. Numbers lie and liars number ...

"Good to hear your OK"

Dirk_Laguna said:
BTW, since helmet laws were repealed in Fla., the fatality rate for m/c crashes has increased 80%....

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know you can make statistics say anything you want'em to...but first hand experience showed me that those with full-face helmets usually fared better than those wearing brain-buckets....Helmet laws have been in effect in VA since Thom Jefferson would ride down to see Sally....so I really can't comment on those who ride without....

again, it's all playing the odds...I figure the more I got wrapped around me, the better my odds....I'm grateful for my full-face and leather when I laid mine down a few months ago

1 - 13 of 13 Posts