Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, while cleaning up the garage the other day i came across the gas filer orifice i cut out of my 29 model A cowl/gas tank and i started thinking... i have REALY hated the flip open cap on the Beazer since i first laid eyes on it. i think i even told Hatch, before i even bought the thing, that it had to go.
well, tonight was the night. my buddy Chad had just bought a 3" hole saw the other night, while we were workin on his brother's 60 Olds, and would'nt you know it. it was EXACTLY the right size to fit PERFECTLY around the outside of the original orifice on the Beazer (so it would'nt wobble) AND i just happened to have left that amount of material around the edges of the model A fuel filler "bung". i did have to add a small square of sheet metal where the indent for the flip cap was.

a little mud will cover whats left of the welds and i can get rid of the dents in the tank at the same time. ;)

and here it is...

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
i have a box of saved cap bungs just for that reason.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now i just have to find a cool cap for it. i realy wanted a 3 bar spinner with drilled bars but i'm real open to other stuff. i know i've seen some cool model A type caps on Ebay. just gonna have to keep lookin. i want to keep an industrial feel to the bike. lots of screws, rivets and drilled holes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Leave it to you Mikey to make use of old Bung.... caps... er.. yeah...

Seriously looks good, I dig that bike a lot!! It needs to be orange...

TinyE

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tinyelvis said:
Leave it to you Mikey to make use of old Bung.... caps... er.. yeah...

Seriously looks good, I dig that bike a lot!! It needs to be orange...

TinyE
the neighbor kid also said i should do it orange to match the shift knob. i'm actually think of having NOTHING shiny on the bike. maybe do it flat black again with brushed aluminum on the motor or paint it a gun metal grey with a satin finish clear. so it sorta looks like bare metal. still with the brushed aluminum on the engine. thinkin of doin the block in that cast iron grey engine paint. since i have some and all:) . maybe do the frame a different grey or just flat black. i'm thinkin of doin flat or satin powder coat on the wheels too. i want a real minimalistic yet "industrial" look to the bike. i might build a hand formed steel saddle for it too. and i'm trying to come up with a cool air cleaner for it.

i did manage to get the entire tank stripped today. stil lookin for a cool fuel cap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts