Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of putting a hard tail on the Trumpy, I was reading around and it seems that the ones on Ebay from"Triumphwizzard "arent so great? Whats wrong with them? His rating seems good and people are happy . Anyone delt with him personally , better yet , tried to put his OIF hard tail on? Thanks

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i've bought stuff from him, but not thru egay. i went directly to his shop. i've never had problems with his stuff, but i've never bought any of his hand made stuff. just regular off the shelf stuff.
VA REBEL had some trouble w/ his weld on hardtail. said it was twisted or way off. i dont remember wich. and other guys have had a hard time gettin' a refund. tom(triumphwizard) is definatly a "my way or the highway" sorta guy.
he took me thru his shop and it looked like some nicely done stuff though.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Busted Knuckles said:
Thinking of putting a hard tail on the Trumpy, I was reading around and it seems that the ones on Ebay from"Triumphwizzard "arent so great? Whats wrong with them? His rating seems good and people are happy . Anyone delt with him personally , better yet , tried to put his OIF hard tail on? Thanks
The T100 bolt-on I got from him was fine. A lot nicer than I could make myself.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
I bought a weld on for an OIF(from r&r)...total piece of shit. The tubes welded into the axle plates were different degrees from side to side....not straight, level, plumb, or symetric ANYWHERE!!!!! When I called him, he got pissed at me....then calmed down and promised a 50 dollar rebate to take care of my time fixing it......never did get the money refunded on my credit card.....bad workmanship....and worst of all....not a man of his word......stay away.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The alignment was way off on the OIF hartail I purchased. Not only were the tubes not symmetric, but one axle plate was over 1/4" higher than the other and they were not parallel. A couple of guys who post here saw this abortion.

I don't trash anyone w/o good reason and first hand knowledge. There is much more to this story, but like a bucket of shit, the more you stir it the more it stinks.

Tom Rhodes had more than one chance to make this right. He failed miserably. The quality of work from R&R is extremely poor, and I will not purchase anything from them in the future. Too many other reputable shops who need the business. Hope no one else has to walk this same path.

·
Registered
484 Posts
British Cycle Supply and MAP used to list these in their catalogs...don't know their suppliers. I think Orange Brothers Choppers (Canada) use to offer them too. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.