Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's no Pan or Knuckle. I don't have THAT kinda luck.

But I went next door to a community Yard Sale thingy this weekend and ended up picking up the bike below. I think it's a 72 Honda ST90. Really clean, looks like it's all there and the guy even said he's 90% sure that he can get me the title for it. Gave $100, which seems reasonable enough to me, even though I know nothing about the little Hondas.

It kinda looks like something that PeeWee Herman or maybe Gary Coleman would drive. But what the Hell. Any titled bike for $100 is tough to pass on. Even if it does make me a geek.

Sorry for the crappy cell-phone photos....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
cool score. for 100 bucks i dought most guys would pass on that.
that's perfect for runnin' to the store for beers. a couple bungee cords to hold a case or 2 to the luggege rack any yer in business.:D

·
Registered
485 Posts
What would make that bike cool is if you did a turn skid every time you stop. Then shoot a wink to the nearest person (hopefully a lady).

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
if u wanna double your money ill buy it now

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Nappy said:

But I went next door to a community Yard Sale thingy this weekend and ended up picking up the bike below. I think it's a 72 Honda ST90. Really clean, looks like it's all there and the guy even said he's 90% sure that he can get me the title for it. Gave $100, which seems reasonable enough to me, even though I know nothing about the little Hondas.

It kinda looks like something that PeeWee Herman or maybe Gary Coleman would drive. But what the Hell. Any titled bike for $100 is tough to pass on. Even if it does make me a geek.

nice. check the neck for the engraved vin#
that should tell ya the model and year.
also, that luggage rack thing is cool and hard to find (honda part).
congrats.

·
Registered
770 Posts
beatcad said:
cool score. for 100 bucks i dought most guys would pass on that.
that's perfect for runnin' to the store for beers. a couple bungee cords to hold a case or 2 to the luggege rack any yer in business.:D
I strapped TWO bags of ice to my buddies ct 70 (call it the monkey bike) this weekend. drove it like 2-3 miles home too, bitch to turn cuz the blinkers were smakin my knees.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Anthem said:
What would make that bike cool is if you did a turn skid every time you stop. Then shoot a wink to the nearest person (hopefully a lady).
+1

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We'll see if you really do 'Meet the nicest people on a Honda', I guess.

It'd be fun as Hell to ride to our local downtown RUB 'Bike Night'.

Maybe I could dress like a gorrilla or something too? And fling poo at the billet barges? Hmmm.

Wow, I'm soooo gonna get my 100 dollars worth outta this.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Thta is a great find. Those ct's are very nice to have around. It was the original camping bike. Folks would toss them on the front bumper of the wagon and hit the hills.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Nappy said:

Good score! Here in MD they let all kinds of mopeds run around with no license. Bet you could get away with using it as a scooter.
Neigbor has a 50, similar yard-sale find. It's a blast in the 'hood.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts