Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
is everyone getting the "we value your privacy" message all the time?

Everytime I click on anything, like a new thread or change page, anything at all, I get that message, where I always say ok yes agree to all... but it always comes back.
its doing my head in..

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've not seen it

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everytime I click on something I get this message...

Product Font Screenshot Software Technology

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Not me.

You probably did something that broke your own personal Jockey Journal. Too bad, you only get one.

·
Administrator
278 Posts
Are you running an adblocker? This might be blocking the cookie that is stored to let the site know you hit agree.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you running an adblocker? This might be blocking the cookie that is stored to let the site know you hit agree.

-Mike
errmm.. I dont think so. But that's a good shout, I'll check.
I have a Mac, had this thing for at least 11 years, dont even have anti virus, but the OS might have enabled an add blocker. I'll check that, thanks!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Must be something really to do with the Mac, I don't get the message on my windows laptop. ufff.... now to find where the problem is!

·
Administrator
7,808 Posts
Must be something really to do with the Mac, I don't get the message on my windows laptop. ufff.... now to find where the problem is!
I use a Mac and have not seen this issue. You mentioned 11 years, is your OS and Safari up to date in terms of updates?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't use safari, I use Google chrome and that's up to date.

iOS I think is up to date as well, but I'll double check that. Usually comes up to update I think? I'll check.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No luck... done an update on the Mac, even tried using safari.... get the message all the time, its a pain in the ass when browsing the forum

·
Administrator
278 Posts
Just for a little clarity, this particular message should only be seen by members of the EU or UK as this is connected with GDPR requirements. That is why the US based members may have never seen that message.

That being said, it should not reoccur after selecting your settings unless there is an issue with the cached data or cookie settings on your browser. Once you have selected your option, it will store this information locally in your browser history settings. To clear this, please clear your browser cache and cookies (a quick google search for your browser should give you step by step instructions to complete this). Afterward, you will need to sign in again and select your settings, but it should save them for the future.

Please note, if you have set to block all cookies or never collect cookies for this site, this message may return as the browser is not storing the data and settings.

You can attempt to set the settings manually using the privacy tab. This will be on the right hand edge of the screen on a web browser.
Sleeve Rectangle Communication Device Font Electric blue

Select your privacy settings and agree (as appropriate) to store the settings. This should apply the settings to your browser settings for this site.

If you are still experiencing this error, please attempt to access the site from another device or browser if possible and let us know if the error continues.

Daniel

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I did think about the cookies, and it does accept it, the browser (google chrome) is set to accept it.
I even added the JJ to the list of sites, but that didnt seem to help. Only happens on JJ, every other side I use I have had the message to accept cookies and it never asks again
very strange

Rectangle Font Eyelash Circle Magenta

Font Art Rectangle Brand Magenta

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
update on this, to close it off.

After having multiple sites showing "this is not secure", I decided to dig into what was that all about.
ended up reading that the solution was to upgrade my Mac. being Apple and from 2011, is almost considered vintage, according to apple, and it just makes the cut to have the requirements to upgrade to macOS HighSierra, which I read would get ride with all the "this is not secure" measures on different websites - apparentely something to do with digital root certificates.

Anyway, done that, and now the message here on the site has appeared once and never again.

problem resolved. In case someone comes across the same problem.

·
Administrator
7,808 Posts
Thanks for the update JP, glad it all worked out.

Reactions: [JP]
1 - 14 of 14 Posts