Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my team and I will be heading for home next month.
It feels good to be able to finally say that.

I just wanted to give everyone a big "THANK YOU" for those that sent magazines or boxes to me and my team. (Start Digging)
I know they helped fill some if not most of our down time here in the desert. All the magazines have been passed along to other teams and will be enjoyed for as long as the paper holds out.

Thanks
Solo
(8 Weeks)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the first month and the last month are the hardest part of any deployment...gotta make sure I don't stare at the light and stay focused on the mission.

Solo

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's good to hear your so short that you can sit on a dime and swing your legs but till you get off rhat freedom bird watch your six. Glad y'all got some mileage out the mags and even better that ya passed them on.
Thank you much for all you and your team does to keep us free.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
No need to thank us, when it should be US that are thanking YOU. We sit here and work on our scoots, while you drown in a sea of sand, and deal with the towelheads. Yep, you are the one that WE appreciate. Don't forget to let us know when you are going to deploy again, and a new current address. I would much rather send my mags to you, then sit and gather dust.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aw hell, you helped get me through the worst part of the deployment (the middle)
Your timing was impecable (sp). Everytime I was about to run out of mags oa and behold! Another box showed up.

Thanks Buddy now get some of those projects on the road and take care of yourself

Solo

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
So are you going on another deployment, or are you coming home to your lovely wife? I hope for the home trip. I can remember, being in the Navy, during Vietnam, and praying that I would get a care package from anybody. Thanks Mom. If you have anybody, who will be incountry for another tour, or at least longer than you, give me their address, and I will send them some goodies too. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. You and all your brothers in arms, are my HEROS.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I shouldn't deploy for atleast 6-8 months...shouldn't being the key word.
I'll be heading to Japan in Decemember with my wife to enjoy the island lifestyle of Okinawa for a few years. I got a few friends that will be out here this winter. Once they get set up I'll pass thier address' to everyone so we can keep them going through the long hard Afghan winter.

Solo

·
Registered
81 Posts
I already have a few mags ready and waiting to go when you post that addy. Know what it's like to be overseas and waiting on a goodie-box.
Also if you could give me a list of inexpensive stuffers that could go in with the mags. I'm on a fixed income, otherwise the $$ wouldn't matter.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts