Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Block off the oil transfer valve also. Its between the crankcase and the primary and is known to allow the oil from your crank area to flow into the primary area.

·
Registered
317 Posts
^^ its actually a much better idea, you will never get it flat with just a file. Did this to the rocker boxes on my 74 ironhead, did the heads where they bolt on too, dont leak a drop now. I also did it to my cam cover and primary cover, neither leak now.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Your not missing anything, one is not made for your 73, or my 74. Just run the stock setup with a new shoe. I mean, these things are pretty maintenance intensive anyway. Poppin off a footpeg bracket once a year and pulling the primary cover is no big deal, and the shoe piece is cheap. Your gonna have to do it to check/adjust the chain anyway. Maybe its just me, but I LIKE workin on my scoot dam near as much as I do riding it, and an ironhead will keep ya workin on it alot. Worth it in my opinion, cuz there aint no head like ironhead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.