Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
i can afford it. I just like the look of the drum. I may end up with disc's anyway. Actually might be cheaper, i'm having issues finding a decent front drum rim.
i love the look of the drum..... but i keep thinking about how much i enjoy slowing down at a rapid enough and controllable pace so as to not have it be a gradual slowing followed by an immediate thump of pummeling into something like a van.
and the front drums are pretty tough to find. i've been looking for another without any cracks for my other sporty project. seems they've all either gone to japan or the spoke flanges are filled with cracks.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well, unless the guy is lying to me, I think I've found one. (I don't think he is) It's not the old style giant one, but it's a good-looking drum. It's not cheap, but it's a fair price. Also found some 33.4 legs. Would love to find some cast trees, and some other bits, but I'll run the milled ones until I can find them.

You're right about being able to stop. I'm hoping if I get them arc'd properly, they'll be pretty stout, since the bike will be super light anyway... It's a paughco, 16 on the rear, 19 on the front, small tank. And I weigh 180lbs. I could be wrong, but I hope not. =)
my front & rear drums are properly arced, bike is reasonably lite for what it is, 21" front, 18" rear, 1 gallon tank & I weigh 150lbs with some change in my pocket. the bike slows down a lot better than it did stock, not as good as something modern but i never really feel like its dangerous. not pulling off any stoppies mind you... and i'd not want to do a lot of repeat braking... but it does the job & has some pretty damn good feedback for what it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.