Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dragged it out into the alley in the warm santa ana morning . it was about 8:30 , and getting up around 70 degrees . Pretty nice for the middle of November . Anyhow here is a brand new picture of the chopper mobile . Davey , the last one is for you :) I am going to drop it 2 in front 4 in the back and it will be good to go . SNAP .

Attachments

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah '56 panhead bottom stuff , shovel top stuff . Stroked 93" . . . etc . the tank was on it when I got it . I guess the guys who built the bike , got it off ebay and it was damaged , so they cut out the dent and decided to make it concaved like that .

Overall I replaced the glide with the springer , built the riser / topclamp combo and added the home made ( by a friend ) z-bars , added all the clutter in the back so Amy wouldnt fall off , sissybar , pegs and rear seat . Put the light on the sissybar instead of down off the side by the back pully . Changed the exhaust , the back one iis done but I still need to redo the front oen with a squish pipe to get it off the ground and weld it up pretty so I can get the whole shebang razzle dazzled . Hand formed the alluminum " air cleaner " . Also changed out the 3 " belt to the smaller more managable 1 1/2 little feller .

Soon the plans include a new back fender with a moulded stock panhead style tailight , cleaned up sisybar , new chrome , and a Harpoon flake job nightmare paintjob with ( but not limited to ) the following colours . . . brown , gold , green , pink , black , and maybe some fancy lace here & there .

wish me luck .

·
Registered
411 Posts
=mike= said:
It is ALOT more fun to ride without thise goofy wide bars that were on it . Also changing the shifter back to the trans instead of off the tank made it more difficult / unmanageable / enjoyable as well :)
I didnt mind the tank shift, but the beach bars were just too fuckin wide.....

that front end looks killer with the z bars.....LOVE the pipes too..

I should have my wide springer for the ironhead any day now......

·
Registered
675 Posts
We cant leave OC until 6:30 ish. Are you gonna be there still? I'm guessin we will hiy the joint around 8:00 ish depending on traffic maybe less.
=mike= said:
I guess the plan would be to meet you and Dave there . I think it would be silly to make amy follow me up there . We will just go up in the truck around 4:00 ish and make the scene a little early .

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Justin , we will leave a little later so we dont get burned out form hanging around . we will mostlikely still be there foa while after that .

Harpoon , it was a snap . I took it to a registration guy and he just ran it through . Even with all the cars I have done I had never had any trouble with the DMV that a littla calm explaining didnt take care of .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts