Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys- Picked up a red VL springer at the Wauseon AMCA swap last summer for a song that apparently used to be Dragon's (Doug's) and many years ago was mated to the red VL frame that choppercopper1 used for his pan/VL. Also just got a perfect VL frame day before yesterday off of Craigslist for almost nothing. Just wondering if there are certain things I can look at to determine what year my frame and springer are (ie: casting numbers, grease zerks, etc). The plan is to pop a genny shovel in there and build something light, tight, and fun. I'd just like to know what year the parts are that I'm using. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Forks used a 6 piece bushing set for the first 9 months, then something else for the first year of manufacture. 2 piece bushing set from the second year onwards. I think that the tool box mount was only on the last two years, but I may be mistaken on that count.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The grease zerks on '36 VL's is on the back side of the rebound spring forging instead of the front like in previous years

1 - 3 of 3 Posts