Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean 'Aids'. I was consuming some hops and screwing with my camera and other stuff, so I decided to do stuff, then I got on the computer. Still determining what I'ma gonna do with this bitch...but I KNOW it ain't gonna be blue since I have a Red metalflake Arthur Fulmer I got for $8 that FITS my tiny head. That means I will probably got with red ('sides, Kutty did his prism Sporty in blue, the bastard!) And yeah, I'm going to cut my forks and put those plug things in 'em (I'm gonna make them and my rockers since I'm poor).

Aight, pics:

And I'm gonna make some forward assed cuntrols ouuta this pile of shit. Can anyone tell me if Delrin is ok to use as a bushing? I'm gonna try it, but any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And....IF ANYONE WANTS A COUPLE OF THESE THINGS, let me know. I'll only charge shipping. That's a 6" scale, so figure on it being about .5" x about .75" by 2". I'll throw in the shoulder bolt. I got a shitload of them, if you want any you get them in pairs so they go faster.

·
Registered
170 Posts
what kind of bushing are you going to make out of derlin? i have derlin bushings in the control arms of my car and they work like a dream.

·
Registered
170 Posts
fatass said:
The white thing on my forward control is Delrin. How long you been running it?
i've been running those bushing for about 2 years in some pretty extreme conditions. the ones i have are black though...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Are you crazy? Prism tanks are so fucking choice. When I build a drag racing ironhead someday, I'm gonna make a prism tank for it.

Now go hang your head in shame.

Oh, fatass, that bike looks real nice. It's kinda a 100% copy of the hippy killer, but I know you had it before Kutty finished that. On the color, my unsolicited opinion is that dark green and rootbeer brown would be the perfect color combo on that bike (metalflake of course).

G Griffin said:
I usually don't dig prism tanks, but that bike looks best with it...

G.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tha Nutz said:
Are you crazy? Prism tanks are so fucking choice. When I build a drag racing ironhead someday, I'm gonna make a prism tank for it.

Now go hang your head in shame.

Oh, fatass, that bike looks real nice. It's kinda a 100% copy of the hippy killer, but I know you had it before Kutty finished that. On the color, my unsolicited opinion is that dark green and rootbeer brown would be the perfect color combo on that bike (metalflake of course).
I was actually considering brown and green, although a little lighter green...also thought about black w/ orange spiderwebbing like my dad's '69 Nova. Kutty's bike is a work of art.

I was going to try to stay out of the 70s and that tank is 70s all the way. Now that I'm there, it's sorta fun..all the bad TV, cheezy pikes and stuff. I got some killer risers from HeX and I might make my footpegs sorta match. I'm also going to get some elephant bells and an orange turtleneck to ride in.

Thanks for the tips on the Delrin. The guys I work with have been using it for 15 to 20 years and don't know if it's any good for bushings.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Nice choice of words...somebodys KID out there has aids, and even the herpes...way to go PC POLICE!!!

GEEEE its a little different now isnt it....Remeber not so long ago when my post got bashed about the kid with the TUMOR growing like the Journal???
Its all how ya read into it...and if you can read into this its a BIG F U to the fatass

·
Registered
264 Posts
Take about two inches off the bottom of that Sporty tank and leave the tunnel where it is so you can low mount it.Make sure the tank and petcock clear the engine and carb.Narrow a set of drag bars and mount them on short pullback risers so they just cear the top of the tank.Think long and low with a goosed frame.Small head light too.That's what I'd do. -Strat.

·
Registered
100 Posts
all the Delrin I ever machined was black......never seen the white stuff...be careful though cuz if you get it too thin,it will crack easy....I busted a few one off peices on a mill running the feed a little too fast....durable stuff though when its got some meat to it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts