Jockey Journal Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
...incredible bike man.
I have 2 dumb questions:
in the gas and oil lines I see a rubber in each end; did you put those rubbers or the lines come with them?

-How do you hold the outer part of each carb?

thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Alumin(i)um :) bracket made to fit between manifolds and carbs to allow these rubber mounted brackets to attach to, and the bowls slide in and mounts tightened up.

The rubber and small connectors are added after the lines are cut to size.

Peter

...incredible bike man.
I have 2 dumb questions:
in the gas and oil lines I see a rubber in each end; did you put those rubbers or the lines come with them?

-How do you hold the outer part of each carb?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Head steady done and chromed, catch tank done, polished and fitted, drain bolt added to bottom, clutch fitted, 5 plate not 4, and stronger springs, ali plate instead of the readily deforming steel one. The catch tank fills the gap on the left nicely.

Pegs, tacho mount and pipes all left to do.

Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Hello there

Megas are from Barons Speed Shop in the UK.

I'm heading out to Shanghai next Wednesday for business, will I need to bring a coat????

Bloody freezing here right now......

Peter

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks.

Yeah bring a coat, it's still sunny and warmer than London though! I'm in shirt sleeves under the jacket - could change next week though!

How long are you here - let me know if you have time to hook up for a coffee/beer.

Cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Hi Pete

Just there Wednesday and Thursday, but only wait listed for Fridays flight as it is full, if I can't get it I'll be around Friday for a beer so will let you know if that is ok.

I'll pm you my mobile

Peter

·
Registered
430 Posts
Newb to drag bikes question: Is the catch tank collecting the spent oil in a lost oil scenario? If not, can you help a newb understand the reason for it? I ask because I have a 650 motor and old frame/roller I intend to turn to this purpose, and I'm trying to learn what can before I get started.

Thanks,
Tom

PS bike is looking great...

61 - 80 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.