Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Some more info, also out of the S.I.E. catalog from '78..

One of their trademarks were squaire-flatened springs..

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Do you have pics from the complete front end, including the rockers..?

And yes, making (or have somebody make) a top clamp for that springer should be no problem..
heres more pics dan - i agree that back gussets were added - i believe i have the world most narrow springer - what do i win bob???

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Man that springer is narrow, phew !
You need a 2.75 Avon to fit inthere...:D

Could it be that the 25 S marking means 25" over Stock maybe...?

You pointed out the 60" marking on top of springs...that could be close to a 25" overstock...

(The R2 rockers on my previous posted pic is close to what you have..but then again a lot of springers had that same style..)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Man that springer is narrow, phew !
You need a 2.75 Avon to fit inthere...:D

Could it be that the 25 S marking means 25" over Stock maybe...?

You pointed out the 60" marking on top of springs...that could be close to a 25" overstock...

(The R2 rockers on my previous posted pic is close to what you have..but then again a lot of springers had that same style..)
25" over makes perfect sense to me

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
heres more pics dan - i agree that back gussets were added - i believe i have the world most narrow springer - what do i win bob???

well maybe you've won a schwinn bicycle wheel
everything else is too wide :D :D

cool springer !!
probebly not a hard job to make a top plate for it
take two tubes that slide over the top side of the legs
take a nice metallplate and tackweld the stuff into place
than drill the holes thru and thru
and make a hole in the center
thats the basic job .....from there on you be creative with the end result

·
Registered
313 Posts
i agree that back gussets were added - i believe i have the world most narrow springer - what do i win bob???
One hell of a nice looking springer! Ride stability might be questionable at 25" over with a 2.5" tire, but you'll have to try it at least once. Those rockers might help ID it, I'll dig a little deeper in the rag stack and see if I can find a match.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check that springer out Real Well for cracks or problems. AEE and SIE made some awfully cheap crap in the old days. Pay special attention to the fork rocker studs/rockers. Rebush them if they are shakey and grease them every 1000 miles or whenever you ride in the rain!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy, I also have a very close springer to the one you have, mine is 3.5 inch from inside to inside, i believe mine is an AEE springer stamped 199 on the bottom of the forks. Anyone know of a good disk brake setup for this??

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My two cents, the 25 probably is the extension but the S could be for Sportster. What size is the neck hole in the bottom tree?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts