Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know anyone who restore's old licence plates? I need to get my 47 plate redone so it meets the standard of the all powerful california police force. Also since in 49 they didnt use stickers but metal tags is there a place that has those? It doesnt look like the metal tabs on car plates. The one that came with my plate is almost ripped like sheetmetal does when you fold it a few times. :eek:

·
Registered
221 Posts
the Harpoon said:
I need a 1940 cal cycle plate. anyone???

thanks
Go pop some Jiffy Pop, then save the tin. Buy some industrial letter/number stamps. We'll make you a set before Three's Company is over. You can paint 'em. I won't charge for the tip.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ive repainted about 4 plates myself. Its not too hard if you have a pretty steady hand. I Just bead blasted the old ones and used a semigloss rattle can for the main color of the plate or you could spray it. and an oil based (testors model paint) to do the letters. I used scotch tape to mask off the straight parts of the letters and just did the rounded ends by hand.

·
Registered
240 Posts
yard man said:
Does anyone out there know anyone who restore's old licence plates? I need to get my 47 plate redone so it meets the standard of the all powerful california police force. Also since in 49 they didnt use stickers but metal tags is there a place that has those? It doesnt look like the metal tabs on car plates. The one that came with my plate is almost ripped like sheetmetal does when you fold it a few times. :eek:
I too have been down this road,I have had car stuff done but not cycle stuff,Anyway I got some car plates you guys can have to chop up or whatever if it helps,not sure what the tag looks like for cycle but I know they used to use what looks like the corner of a plate for a tag on old cars,anyway send me a pm....Seek

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.