Jockey Journal Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Came across this a few days ago. Can't even remember where I saw it. It piqued my interest with the cylinders and heads, square tube frame and front suspension. No info with it. But I think it should be here.

By weslake at 2012-07-17

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Grandaddy Joe. Thanks for that info. Do you have any details on the heads and cylinders?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Joe. Thanks again for a great insight and education. I love the valve guide idea. Its one of those why didn't I think of that things.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I'll take the J.A.P. and the Godden please!! Great photos!!!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
You're psychic?? Hard running singles just plain excite me.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Great video! Great times!!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
That's a shame John. This will be over in a few weeks. Stick around.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Very enjoyable video. What struck me was the reversed head Triumph three wheeler. I remember seeing it run at Fontana and I think it was ridden by a "little person". Also loved the T shirt and jeans safety gear!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Thanks for Edge. Sometimes I think it was so long ago that I imagined it. This thread helps my sanity.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
^^^^ Happy was the day when you were safe with just a helmet!!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
^^^^ Too cool!!! I've only had my Norton for 45 years.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Found this a couple of days ago and lost all the info.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
That's unfortunate. The NHRA will homogenize it down to a spec class.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I'm headed for 41 years married and my wife gave up on me and the junk I would drag home. A few years ago I stopped dragging stuff home as I ran out of room. But if its special I can always make a bit of room.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I also had the pleasure of restoring Perry and Scott's Stage Fright. It was an honor, but even better was to get to know Scotty and talk to Priness about the bike. Priness had ridden a motorcycle only once before throwing a leg over StageFright and goin' like hell. Told me he was happy when they finally figured out how to launch the bike in fourth gear because he "never got the hang of that shifting thing." Good stuff
As a teenager I spent way too much time at Fontana. It would become a special night if Perry and Scott showed up to run. Those guys and Clem Johnson would have me driving miles to see them run. I learned years later that Perry and Scott started of as a blown twin engined bike. Have to go search to remember who built it.

My favorite story about Perry and Scott was about Perry and a couple of friends were headed to Fontana. They stopped at a coffee shop for a bite to eat. The radio was on and blaring out "Tonight at Fontana blah blah. See Perry and Scott's top fuel bike run 170" Perry said to one of the friends "I wonder who Scotty has riding the bike tonight 'cause I sure as hell not riding that thing at 170!"

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Thanks Wes. This CRS is really starting to kick in.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I only knew him from photos I drooled over as a kid. Very sorry to hear of his passing. R.I.P.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I saw that video a couple of days ago and the thought that ran through of how cool would that be to hand to the tech guys at El Mirage and watch them clutch their chests and collapse. Considering the crap I went through for a solid aluminum sidecar wheel they'd probably shoot the guy on the spot.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Sad, sad news. I never knew him. Just through photos and what I read. But he was (and still is) a hero to me. His bravery and skill were unquestionable. My sincere condolences to his wife and family. Our world is that little bit darker.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts