Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
sojerscraper said:
no shit? i didnt know they did any hand stamping on something as late as 1970. good advice wes, ill shoot a pic later & post it up. thanks -

yep ..

that's why there's often confusion as to how the number 'should' read .. the sequential number ( _D12345 ) may end up stamped ahead of the model ( T120R or TR6R ) .. because the machine wasnt pre-determined to be a Bonneville or a Tiger ..

interesting side note re hand-done .. the pinstriping along the tank scallops was done by hand on every machine, even the later ones ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
sojerscraper said:
that is pretty interesting.

do you guys know how the numbers on the motor should be layed out, especially in relation to the frame numbers? pics?

I meant to mention that too ..

you'll just as often find the engine # 'backward' .. i.e. BD12345 above TR6C ..

also a '70 engine will have the 'anti-theft' number pad, which consists of a bunch of very small Triumph logos stamped, that the number is stamped atop .. see, you cant grind down the pad without removing the logos ..

if you'd like, pm or e me your actual number, I'll date it a little closer & tell you some more details .. and I can send sample pix ..

Doug ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts