Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than having a friend thats a police/State Patrol do it is there any other way? I'm trying to help a friend title his XS650 and we wanna check the vin first.

Thanks,
Primo

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
pre-unit said:
don't know about your state but in mine the registry would be more than happy to do it for ya.

and since this is a Real common request, & concern ..

"the registry would be more than happy to do it for ya." ..

if you call them on the phone with a number,

show up with a written-down number,

or must you show up with the numbered frame, pre-1970 HD engine case, or complete cycle, for their visual "verification" of the number .. ??

yes it's that bad many places ..

there will be many of us happy to hear of an easy way to "check" or 'clear' numbers, prior to using title services, or spending Large $$ on Bonded titles ..

Thanx ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dragon said:
there will be many of us happy to hear of an easy way to "check" or 'clear' numbers, prior to using title services, or spending Large $$ on Bonded titles ..
if you use a title service, and get all your paperwork from them, can you then assume that your numbers are good?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
if you use a title service, and get all your paperwork from them, can you then assume that your numbers are good?

an answer to above question would make me feel more relaxed about going to the dmv

·
Registered
396 Posts
Josh said:
the do a pretty in depth search nowadays so id say yes

i checked with a cop friend and the deal now is if they run your
#'s and they come up bad they have to be able to confiscate it

if they cant they then catch federal and local heat

its a catch22 or a dice roll if you dont know the seller

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.