Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I have one, it is a lot of fun when it runs, which is not very often.

It would scare me shitless to attempt 55 mph on my 8" tires though. I have had it up to 50 though, downhill, with an 80 mph wind behind me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had one with a Rally 200 engine in it bored out and a Polini kit, it was a blast did about 75-80 top speed. But I just cant get into those anymore I got real burned out working on them for years. After a while you want more power, and a Vespa or Lambretta didnt cut it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The thing about a Vespa is there's a lot of hop up options. The one I bought my soon-to-be-wife as a wedding present has to actually be de-tuned, because it came with the full race package, which I know she can't handle.

Keep in mind there's only so fast you'll want to be doing on those little wheels.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info!
Lil Joe

ol_scratch said:
The thing about a Vespa is there's a lot of hop up options. The one I bought my soon-to-be-wife as a wedding present has to actually be de-tuned, because it came with the full race package, which I know she can't handle.

Keep in mind there's only so fast you'll want to be doing on those little wheels.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
saltflataddict said:
I had one with a Rally 200 engine in it bored out and a Polini kit, it was a blast did about 75-80 top speed. But I just cant get into those anymore I got real burned out working on them for years. After a while you want more power, and a Vespa or Lambretta didnt cut it.
You think you're burnt out? Talk to Josh about Vespas. Oh, and ask him about socks, cowboy hats, and lightsaber battles.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tony Bones said:
You think you're burnt out? Talk to Josh about Vespas. Oh, and ask him about socks, cowboy hats, and lightsaber battles.
what do you mean?? When Josh lived here I dont think he ever worked on them does he now?, oh and I dont even want to go there about lightsaber battles, thats a messed up thought.ha,ha,ha

That fucker should have come up here this weekend for Bonneville. My friend Jay was just up there with Josh for HotRodaRama, he says Josh's coupe is looking real good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts