Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at ideas for a oil tank for my T100 project and I notice that there isn't much choice out there for vertical tanks especially now that 7 Metal West doesn't list their cool beehive tank on their site anymore... So I was wondering if this was because of demand being lower for vertical tanks or is there problems with the verticals that I am unaware of??
I can see most verticals seem to hold less oil so maybe that is the issue?
Any ideas on who makes a GOOD Triumph vertical tank with proper restrictor plumbing for good top-end flow??
THX

·
Registered
315 Posts
Are you looking for something cast with fins in it or something just round and plain? Do do you mind welding it up? You can buy the tubing and the ends for cheap and weld it up, the bungs are readily available as well.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I don't know of any issues with them besides ackward mounting. I think they were a fad that died out.

Ive always dug the look, but then again you can always roll your own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought and installed a vertical tank from chassis design company, holds a whopping 2 quarts of oil, but hey, everyone's a damn expert and their knowledge is irrefutable.
I did it because everyone runs a horizontal tank, and i dont have the pocket for a porthole oil tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.