Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's Friday and I'm trying to do as little as possible at work today, I thought I would post some pics for you other Friday slackers at work!

The LV Cycle Auction was AWESOME! Couldn't stay too long because of a busy weekend, but I was there long enough to have an complete sensory overload! Incredible!! Wes was there and it was a pleasure to see him as always! Maybe he has a picture of the scoot he was going to pick up while he was there... Wes I know you know what I'm talking about!!

For those of you who missed out, maybe you can make it next year. We could make it a JJ event and meet up...

Anyway, here's the pics! I'm going to put them up over a few posts, so don't reply until I give the "all clear" signal... Enjoy and TGIF!

Some of Decker's stuff...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Need a light?!

Sorry about the quality of some of these pictures. The lighting in that place was aweful! Not enough to go without a flash and using the flash screwed a few of my pics. I have lots more pics, but there are just too many to post! There were tons more early 1900's HD's, tons of Triumphs, Nortons, BSA's, etc., etc. It's not everyday that you see a Crocker, Scott, Sunbeam, Pope, and a Yale all in the same building!

Hope you guys can make it next year! That's all I have for pics right now...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Beautiful stuff! I like the HD with tire chains....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Made my day...unrestored originals alongside shiney paint alongside hillclimbs alongside big $$ bronze....the perfect setting.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was a really early HD (1915 or so I think) that was an original family owned bike, never restored. Original paint, leather, maybe even original tires, it sold for $57,900!!!!!! Crazy money!! Just the little bit of time I stood there and watched the auctioning I saw quite a few bikes go in the $60K range! I'm sure there were some up in the $100K's too. Not sure though.

Glad you like the pics! It was hard to get them because of the lighting, how close the bikes were sitting together and the fact that people kept walking in front of the camera EVERY DAMN TIME I would get set-up! Jeff Decker's stuff was really neat! Anyone have the link to his stuff? Maurice, I know you know what it is.

Everything really was insane awesome though! My buddy Dennis had to hit the bar it was so insane for him! We were out of control trying to see everything before it was wheeled out the door to be shipped to some lucky bastards garage!
345window said:
Made my day...unrestored originals alongside shiney paint alongside hillclimbs alongside big $$ bronze....the perfect setting.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts