Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
some of you may remember previous posts of this thing...
but for just a recap heres what the bike looked like around '77. and it didnt change for close to 30 years! it was originally rebuilt from a wrecked cb750. it had a HD trike front end, volkswagen wheels and tires, Steib sidecar, and it all worked great! the rear fender/seat setup was later changed and so was the stock gas tank.

so heres the latest on the rebuild. all the wireing is done 'cept for the sidehack. we're waiting on some parts for the carb. we changed out the drum brakes for a set of juice brakes to help stop this bomb a little bit better. the HD trike front forks were swapped out with a homemade set of leading link front forks. a new oil tank was made and the frame was cut down in the rear so you sit lower. we're not going to bother with paint. we still like the look of the old scheme.
as for the sidehack we need to repair the floor and modify a new rim for it. hopefully within the next month this bomb will be done.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What's that tank from? It's beautiful. It sorta reminds me of a monster Heintank for an airhead BMW. I like the front end - nice work. Here's one a friend made for my old roadracing sidecar (that's a duct tape fender, BTW).

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
burger said:
Is that my old CB engine?
sure is! hehe. she wants to go but there are some problems with the float needles in the carbs. and i think one of the floats has a hole in it and the one carb is just leaking gas real bad. but we have one of the guys at our local motorcycle shop helpin us out. i'll keep you posted Ed!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
copperbobber said:
Wow thats pretty crazy lookin. Are those 15" rims. They look like V. W. tires. I like the tank by the way, it makes it look fast.
yeah those are chrome vw 15" rims.
Sporticus said:
What's that tank from? It's beautiful. It sorta reminds me of a monster Heintank for an airhead BMW. I like the front end - nice work. Here's one a friend made for my old roadracing sidecar (that's a duct tape fender, BTW).
the tank is just an old aftermarket racing tank. not really sure who it was made by but holds ALOOOOOT of fuel.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
looks good man! i love the front end with rear shocks! yer gonna put the side car on too? i dunno.....that thing looks like it should be carvin corners.....but thats just my $.02

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
rukwikenuf said:
looks good man! i love the front end with rear shocks! yer gonna put the side car on too? i dunno.....that thing looks like it should be carvin corners.....but thats just my $.02
we basically have to run the sidecar because of the car tires. when it was time to get some new rubber, we got radials to see if maybe we could use it with out the hack. but it still doesnt handle that good in the turns. its real difficult to lean. haha the whole machine is a little less dangerous with the hack on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts