Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quicky search so I don't know if this has been talked about before.

I seen this in Iron Works Magazine. Thought it was kinda cool so I would share with the class.:)

US Chopper has a new boardtrack style bike. Retro with a modern spin IMO. I really like it because I hate fat tires! Looks cool to me. I would like to see it painted up with some vintage style graphics.

The site is pretty skimmpy...
http://www.uschopper.com/

Here is the bike...
http://www.uschopper.com/photos/index.html

Whadda ya think?

·
Registered
377 Posts
BrianPettit said:
Whadda ya think?
I think it looks like the "big bear choppers" bike, I think the tank is horrible, but the rest of the bike looks good. The tanks on both bikes seem to need a flat side to them, not all rounded and swoopy. And, the disc brakes kinda throw the look off. But I love those front ends.

-jabber

·
Registered
82 Posts
BrianPettit said:
I did a quicky search so I don't know if this has been talked about before.

I seen this in Iron Works Magazine. Thought it was kinda cool so I would share with the class.:)

US Chopper has a new boardtrack style bike. Retro with a modern spin IMO. I really like it because I hate fat tires! Looks cool to me. I would like to see it painted up with some vintage style graphics.

The site is pretty skimmpy...
http://www.uschopper.com/

Here is the bike...
http://www.uschopper.com/photos/index.html

Whadda ya think?
50/50 on style but im in to those rear fender mounts top notch ol boy top notch.......

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I kinda agree on the tank. The top view looking down on it has a cool curve. But it is alittle too round on the bottom. Even if it was a cross between a modern and a vintage (the real box style) that would rock.

I guess you could order the rolling frame and slap another tank on there. They are being sold like this...(quote from Iron Works)

"the chassis comes with gas and oil tanks, handlebar, foot and hand controls, sprung seat and other components. All you do is add the drivetrain and your imagination"

I wonder what the sticker is on this roller?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Lose the blockhead and the tank and you're on. I don't dislike the tank totally. Just don't like it on that bike. And it needs a mechanically more complex engine to complete the look. Lotsa copper oil lines or something of that nature.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigDdy31 said:
Lose the blockhead and the tank and you're on. I don't dislike the tank totally. Just don't like it on that bike. And it needs a mechanically more complex engine to complete the look. Lotsa copper oil lines or something of that nature.
Exactly!

I did email the shop to get the price and when it will be available just for shits and giggles. Seem like a REAL small shop so I will be surprized to hear back.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G Griffin said:
I may be missing something here, but hiw many people are actually riding on board tracks nowadays?
G.
I don't know. Maybe we should start. We will have the HAMB Board Track Races!

Who wants to go to Home Depot to get all the lumber?:D

123..Not it.

Seriously Grif, I think it is just the look people are going for with their bikes. It is a pretty distinctive look and alot of folks (including me) dig it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Every action has an equal, but opposite reaction. Something like that anyway.

I know the history of board tracks, and that they're bitchin', but it seems like they're going through a wave of popularity right now. I mean Big Bear is making a roller? It seems to me that it is the result of the big tire backlash. Is everybody going to try to run the skinniest tire until someone shows up with a 26" 10-speed wheel?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to dig this one out of the depths...

I got a email back from US Choppers.

"The bike goes for $15k fully assembled including shipping to your door in continental USA. This includes PM hand controls, brakes, rotors and all cables, lines and rear drive chain. Oil bag/gas tank combo- lines for oil and gas, pingel high flow petcock. Frame, front end, seat/shock, rear ride stand, fender, avon or metzler tires, aluminum sprockets and handlebars, all brackets etc. We spend about 5 days on each roller making everything perfect so that all you do is drop the drive-train in, wire/ paint and go. No adjustments necessary, no misalignments etc- everything comes perfect and ready to go- this is NOT a bike in a box!!! Everything is top of the line down to the hardware we use including machined pins throughout and delrin bushings- this is a no non-sense high end product that will result in a $40k or better bike. The bike has geometry to allow its lean angle to exceed 45 degrees without anything touching the street! It is also a universal platform which will allow you to run a 16" rear wheel w/ stock tire if you like without any modification- just bolt on!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us and keep posted to our website which is being re-vamped top to bottom with new content and info.

Best wishes,

U.S. Choppers"

That is pretty fuckin expensive! I was thinking a 8 grand cheaper. I guess I was wrong. Guess I will have to make my own. :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think its fuckin silly...just my opinion.
I mean, i appreciate those bikes as much as the next guy, but i agree with whoever said its the fat-tire backlash. I'm just not a big fan of the "neo-retro" blah blah blah... especially the board track thing. Thats not the kind of bike you cruise on. The ergonomics are horrible because it was built for break-neck, high-speed racing on wood banks!
Its a gimmick.
A nice looking one maybe, but still...

Sorry to be so indignant. I just wanna get the fuck outta work!!! Hahaha...

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
G Griffin said:
I know...

I actually like looking at the bike, but have to agree its probably a backlash to the "TV" choppers and such.

Maybe somebody will build a website called "Board Track Town" ;) ...

G.
Don't make me come out of the BOOOOOTH!
-Adam Sandler

And those little brass bastards that always ride Jeff Decker's bikes...they're riding on boardtracks, so there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Rick is a great guy, and has been doing restorations for years, mainly on Knuckleheads. This is his take on merging the old with new. This bike is amazing in person.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
the Harpoon said:
Rick is a great guy, and has been doing restorations for years, mainly on Knuckleheads. This is his take on merging the old with new. This bike is amazing in person.
And I dont think the price is too crazy. Compared to lots of the crap that is 20K plus out there.

·
Registered
285 Posts
15g is fair for what your getting. Remember this is a low volume custom bike and he is welding and fitting everything. You can't compare this to the typical bargain bobber kit that uses all common parts that have been made for years.

I agree probly not a long trip bike, but I bet a blast for a fast 2 or 3 hour ride.

I like the new school meets old school stuff if it is done right.
________
Aromed vaporizer

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Girls,
Just saw this stuff (about a year late).... thanks for the compliments and input. The boardtracker is just a way to lure in the EVO riders to a new way of thought and get away from this FAT tire thing. I have been riding religiously in the dirt from 12 years of age and right on to the pavement at 15 1/2 when I got my permit. I have have been building Harleys (only vintage bikes) since 1989 out of my shop "Homies Cycle" in Pasadena. Been through a bunch of old bikes (I believe well over 100 bikes judging from my old photo's). Nothing newer than a Shovel until my first EVO build- the Boardtracker. I was lucky and honored to win 10th Place at the AMD World Championships with it. Anyway, to give you all a treat I will start to post some old pics of prior bikes- some rat, some resto, some pure chop etc.... but mostly all knucks, big flatty's and Pans. Hope you enjoy. -Rick

·
Registered
726 Posts
Something is out of whack for me. The tank sucks seawater, looks like one of those canned nuts my girlfriend munches on, and the rear frame sets to far away from the seat. Looks out of place to me. Boardtrackers are the TITS, but this one missed the mark for me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.