Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or any other unside down handlebars in use.....got any?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Polock Joe said:
Sorry I don't have any pics with me (I'm in Germany 'till next week) but when I first re-did my '70 BSA Thunderbolt I flipped the stock european bars and it looked sort of "cafe". I kept it untill I had to take it for a chp inspection where I wanted it to look as stock as possible. Looked good, kind of subtle, speedo delete helped also.

I could have some pics in a week but I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.

-Nate

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Polock Joe said:

unside down and ipside out ..

errr .. gotta say, much of what I see of the upside down stock bars makes me think : this is today's 'backwards' clubman bars, same impression of those, flipped, 'back when' ..

but there are exceptions ..

I turned Josh Mills onto the girder & bar out of my '41 Scout project for his custom Chief that won the Horse chop-off recently ..

(before pic)

They are a real unique fit stock, bars-to fork top, it's a work of art just that part, making the fit of those bars look so right flipped ..

his fine finished product :

also note the UL motor-ed VL in the background, that's the stock configuration for a VL, i.e. one-piece bars/'risers' that slip into the fork beam .. those turn down I suppose like early board-track or flat-track style .. whatever, they Work, as well ..

D ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
360 Posts
here's my shovel with flipped up drag bars. just ran them for the season so i could ride. planned on building something or finding something diff soon.
double click to enlarge.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is my plan for my sporty. Did we discuss this Polock Joe?
Even if we didnt talk about it thanks for starting this post!

now I am definatly gonna flip them.

I am planning on no risers , but the tank is gonna sit all the way up on top the backbone (is that frisco style or something) so I dont want to be laying on my tank all day. I guess I will just to it and then decide.

Hey Polock Joe did you go to that bike expo this weekend?
It was just as lame as last year!
Yaffee "built" a bike in 3 days. Whatever.

my computer crashed after I let a friend "Fix" my small problems, so I am not on here too much for a while, but give me a call if you have free time to bring your carb over.
I will even send my driver to pick you up in the limo!

We start work on a half pipe in my back yard next sunday so if you have time before that give me a call!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
labelkills said:
This is my plan for my sporty. Did we discuss this Polock Joe?
Even if we didnt talk about it thanks for starting this post!

now I am definatly gonna flip them.

I am planning on no risers , but the tank is gonna sit all the way up on top the backbone (is that frisco style or something) so I dont want to be laying on my tank all day. I guess I will just to it and then decide.

Hey Polock Joe did you go to that bike expo this weekend?
It was just as lame as last year!
Yaffee "built" a bike in 3 days. Whatever.

my computer crashed after I let a friend "Fix" my small problems, so I am not on here too much for a while, but give me a call if you have free time to bring your carb over.
I will even send my driver to pick you up in the limo!

We start work on a half pipe in my back yard next sunday so if you have time before that give me a call!
HALFPIPE?>??? That's rad.....the neighbors keep trying to form a citizens brigade or some shit to make us move the launch ramps and shit in our side yard.

I'll take my carb off Friday and swing it by.....would of this weekend but I got a new tank in the mail so I spent 48 hours playing with that and jamming to steppenwolf.

·
Registered
884 Posts
these are'nt exactly upsidedown bars. i made these from some old apes(middle to just past the first bends ) and some old drags. they're working ok so far.
btw that's frost in the background. brrrr.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts