Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need help to id hardtail frame ,Ive had it 30 years or more, prob early 80's or even 70's.I would like to know what I got before I get a donor bike.Thanks
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Crankset Vehicle
Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Bumper Fender
Wood Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle part Material property
Automotive tire Fender Gas Automotive wheel system Cookware and bakeware
Automotive tire Bumper Gas Auto part Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle saddle Fender Bicycle part Bumper
Automotive tire Wood Fender Tread Gas
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Crankset Vehicle Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Bumper Fender Wood Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle part Material property Automotive tire Fender Gas Automotive wheel system Cookware and bakeware Automotive tire Bumper Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle saddle Fender Bicycle part Bumper Automotive tire Wood Fender Tread Gas

·
Registered
94 Posts
Any pics of the axle plates? Square seat tube was a distinct sb&f feature, but their axle plates were distinct too. The neck gussets don’t look sb&f, but resemble jammer, or Poughco…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any pics of the axle plates? Square seat tube was a distinct sb&f feature, but their axle plates were distinct too. The neck gussets don’t look sb&f, but resemble jammer, or Poughco…

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
My .02 looks like parts of a stock frame cut up and used in a ridgid build.
Closer pics of the front and rear engine and trans mounts and bottom of the axle mounts would help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The square seat tube is unique. Someone said Smith Bros. I was thinking AEE did whole square frames so I’d be tempted to look that way. But who cares? Any shovelhead, panhead, or knuckle should fit it.
That’s the donor you need to look for.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
There was a frame company in Chicago in the '70s that also made square tube frames.
Is it AEE I think not '73 was the start of the square swingarms on the oem bikes, and by then AEE was going down hill, Tom and his OL were getting divorced and AEE went to the OL in '74. Add that many key employees leaving and not much inovation happening.
The AEE Choppers Story by Dave Brackett

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank guy's for all your info, its nice old frame in excellent shape it should work out well,I added more photos
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Idiophone
Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Bumper
Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Idiophone Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Bumper Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Idiophone
Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Bumper
Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I like this frame a lot. Frome the square swingarm axle adjusters, the stylized fatbob fender, the gentle bends of the frame rails and that up and out neck. A guy could build a beautiful bike from this frame. If that's not you I'm interested in buying it.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
It is nice. I got a kick out of the sissy/license plate mount: thoughtful and kind of subdued. The rake looks very near stock, to my eyes. Have you measured/got a guess about it?

Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks again,I measured the rake to be 35 degrees, with the frame flat on the floor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts