Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
YUP! That shit works for getting out Kreem. Available at your local hardware store by the mineral spirits and such. I have to do this on a professionaly lined tank in the next month or two. I hope it works for that too.

Not sure about the speed though... :p
satanherself said:
That a hardware store or car parts item?

wait mek like in the stuff they make speed with :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
satanherself said:
One last question on this, how long is TO long to leave that stuff in to strip??

Like will it eat holes in teh tank?? IS it s soaking or washing process>
MEK is methyl ethyl ketone, and it will not hurt your steel. It is apt though to hurt anything else non-metallic it comes in contact with, so do it away from everything else. Will need to soak awhile to soften and break up the Kreem. May even require a second dose, you know some people really go heavy on the Kreem, and some are re-Kreemed at a later date. Good luck!

·
Registered
376 Posts
zgears said:
Kream liner cuts with MEK(Methyl Ethyl Ketone).
the industrial hygienists that i know call MEK "methyl ethyl death." be careful when using it. i've never tried breathing it but don't think it would be very wise to do so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
atch said:
the industrial hygienists that i know call MEK "methyl ethyl death." be careful when using it. i've never tried breathing it but don't think it would be very wise to do so.
The stuff sucks, is a big cancer promoter and will really mess you up if you are around it for long periods. Use a good respirator, industrial based chem gloves, and clothes you can pitch if needed (when you spray out tank, it gets all over from the spray). Took me a whole weekend to get the remaining Kreem out of my stock Harley tank, whatta bitch man. Can't have enough ventilation either, can give you a bitch of a headache.

When lining tank again, use POR-15 motorcycle kit. Nothing better, period. It hardens so hard your tank could rust away completely and the liner would still be there in the same shape as it dried. Kreem takes A LOT of prep work to make sure it adhere's correctly too, but the POR kit comes with everything you need, including the meth remover solution.

Used POR-15 4 times now, perfect every time.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
satanherself said:
I figured i'd just fill the tank with it and let it sit over the weekend,or soak whole tank in an old metal can filled with it,yes no,maybe??
You don't have to soak the whole tank and the stuff isn't the cheapest or the easiest to get rid of for that matter. Super toxic is right! Just put some in the tank with a box of stainless nuts. Let it sit for awhile and start moving things around. It's sort of like a reverse tumbler. It's going to take awhile for sure and it's fun to try and pick the chunks out of the fill hole!! UGGG!! I'm so excited I get to do it AGAIN soon!!! :rolleyes:

Where can I get that POR-15 stuff? Price? Going to do this one myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts