Jockey Journal Forum banner
14261 - 14280 of 14289 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
That "Gold Star" is mighty fine. Restorers are so lame. Just because it is rare and expensive they love it and call modifying one a sacriledge. If another BSA was rare they would love that. I can buy a Gold Star every day of the week and there would still be plenty advertised for sale.
But there is only this fine chopper with its 16" rear wheel and 21" front. Extended forks and hardtail conversion. I would rather have that then a stupid stock bike.
The reason they get restored to original condition is because they are rare and worth a lot of money these days...if this didn't happen there would likely be very little of some classic bikes left....dont get me wrong i love customs i even have a Triumph Trident chop but there are so many Harley's and modern bikes out there to build customs out of.

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts
The reason they get restored to original condition is because they are rare and worth a lot of money these days...if this didn't happen there would likely be very little of some classic bikes left....dont get me wrong i love customs i even have a Triumph Trident chop but there are so many Harley's and modern bikes out there to build customs out of.
Choppers are worth preserving, too. It just depends on whether you measure in love or money.

·
Registered
346 Posts
This thread needs revived, as it is one of the best on the site IMO. In that vein, does anyone know anything about this particular machine, or even an educated guess about what the purpose of the mods are? For reference, the pics were taken in Fort Smith Arkansas about a year ago.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
There is something in the water for sure here in the netherlands, our local dutch fleebay like site is littered with creations like this , and sometimes even worse …yet they dare to ask 9800 for a “special eye catcher” like this.
If you catch your eye on it you may go blind... it's wild how some people can get it so wrong.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Every bike needs a comfy seat!
The seat is the least of it. Look closely at the rest of the bike. There are several things going on there.
Yep, that is a NOT special eye catcher. I would like the reason for the WTF happened with the XL trans/primary. Enquiring minds are looking for answers.
That's the main question I have. Take a look at the rear leg on that springer too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
here in the UK, theres a lot of young punk wannabys without a clue, or the ability to learn, who build shit without a clue for their own safety let alone those who they ride with & have the nerve to THINK they have raised the value of the wreck, one born every minute.....bodged to the point of ridiculous, in my book, if ya cant do it right, ya should sell it & get a car or a bus instead of lowering the integrity of those who know what they are doing,
& I dont care what it looks like as long as it's been done properly & is Safe,... beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.....so style choices don't count, but I know what I like........

·
Registered
245 Posts
Here in dutchland “bobber” seems to be the magic word these days , every nono with a short fender and a solo seat claims to drive a bobber .
What is even the definition and origin of that word ?, there is even a bobber.nl garage who converts honda shadows and kawa vulcans and other crap into bobbers …all “your own unique bike” ofcourse but yet very alike the one next to it. I hate the word already and it tells all about the mainstream bikers who think spokes er shiny accessories.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Bobber literally means by definition to trim or alter something. I don't know how far back it's origins go but I bet it's probably the 1930's/1940's.

People cutting their fenders down or altering frames and the like. And the bobber was created!! haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
'Bobbing' came from simply cutting the rear mudguard shorter,.. not the frame or anything else, the term was ORIGINALLY used just for the shortning of the mudguard,
it came from the at the time popular 'BOBBED' Haircut wimmins were getting, ... by having their hair cut short at the back,...
ALL the history is there if ya look for it & take it in,....
personally I hate the use of the word as it has been missused so much by those who know squat of what they play with, like the punk assed kids who started calling a suicide clutch & Jocky shift a 'Suicide Shift' , ,.... it don't exist, ....
& I wish those who don't know what they are talking about also didn't exist,

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I would like to know how the Nanonevol got its name.

Dutch, no, your posts in general bring tears to these old eyes, and they are tears of ADMIRATION and JOY. Just your ugly-bike posts, they're the ones make my teeth -- or the places where I used to have teeth -- hurt.

14261 - 14280 of 14289 Posts