Jockey Journal Forum banner
14241 - 14260 of 14289 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Going to the Taste Police is just asking for trouble. At least, if you have tastes like mine.

Is that pitiable Norton suspended in back, a la Softail? Looks like a rigid, but then there's the big ol' fender mounts and the curious depth and spacing of the fender itself.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
that is NOT a British bike built in the 60's, look at the brakes, the pipes, the fact it is sitting on the salt at Bonneville,and the inya face look at me smell to it, that is a Yank build, Built by
Matt Hotch in California in 2007 in fact,
in England we attain things subtly,
that needs a Featherbed frame alloy tank/seat unit with NORVIN on the tank, a Caff racer out of it would be cool, this however is not,

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts
Okay, I'll smother the post in its cradle. But please share your reasoning with me.
Good lines, even with that tall motor. 16/19, hot wheel combo way back when. Fender follows the rear wheel real closely, too.

That bike was built who-knows-when... but it still looks good today. It looks classic and unaffected, IMO... the styling cues that bike exhibits are still what all of us are shooting for today. The motor is not a "typical" drivetrain, but who cares? It works, it looks good, and it was probably sort of affordable.

I just see nothing ugly or funny about it. It's a tough little chopper to me.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Well, we just differ then, is all. Beyond the choice of engine, the bike looks wonky and hamfisted to me: a butchery, in other words, of a nice, rare bike. Maybe not sufficiently ugly/funny to meet this thread's high standards, it's true, but that (like every post here) is an eye-of-the-beholder thing, says me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
that is NOT a British bike built in the 60's, look at the brakes, the pipes, the fact it is sitting on the salt at Bonneville,and the inya face look at me smell to it, that is a Yank build, Built by
Matt Hotch in California in 2007 in fact,
in England we attain things subtly,
that needs a Featherbed frame alloy tank/seat unit with NORVIN on the tank, a Caff racer out of it would be cool, this however is not,
I was referring to the Gold Star not the Vincent...that was an example of sacrilege.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
That "Gold Star" is mighty fine. Restorers are so lame. Just because it is rare and expensive they love it and call modifying one a sacriledge. If another BSA was rare they would love that. I can buy a Gold Star every day of the week and there would still be plenty advertised for sale.
But there is only this fine chopper with its 16" rear wheel and 21" front. Extended forks and hardtail conversion. I would rather have that then a stupid stock bike.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
how do the anti's know he had a whole bike?.. he could have started with just a motor and it might not even be a DBD34, the valuable one ?.... he could have saved and got another bike back on the road that otherwise may have been parted out or even to have rotted away,...

14241 - 14260 of 14289 Posts