Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THis is a post I placed on another thread, but was afraid it'll get buried there. I really like the U.S. Chopper roller. You can't swipe photos from the fancy-ass website, but I was able to get this one from the Ironworks site. This bike is in the current issue.

I think the bike is beautiful, except for the swoopy tank. I'll refrain from commenting on the builder. I'd be really happy to build something like this - maybe with a set of narrowed, WR-style fatbobs and less chrome.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
rockymtnpits said:
Eh.. Eman posted something like this on BT.

Seems like everyone is building a Hank Young "style" knockoff.

Fuck that.
I agree.....NOTHING will ever come close to the Flying Pan....true genius in design and execution.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Dan said:
I'm apparently one of the few people around who dont really care for the board tracker look...
That's alright, not everyone's opinion counts. :)

Just busting your chops. I'm a big fan of board tracker style, but it CAN go horribly wrong. I like most things about this bike, but just can't feel the tank. And some radii in the tail section would have rounded it out nicely. Still, nice effort.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hogtownhd said:
Doesn't Big Bear make a model like this now too?
I know the bike you're talking about. I can't find it on the Big Bear site, but I saw it last year at Laconia. I talked to some of the Big Bear guys about it. I'm a mere 36, but I felt like an old man around some of these kids.

The only thing that bike had going for it was the Kiwi leaf-spring fork. The best bike in this category (I fucking hate labels) was the VL framed Knuckle in the Jan/Feb 2005 Iron Works. It had 21" wheels and narrowed fatbobs. The very essence of cool. I need to find a scanner and post that article.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
label a bike ?? how about title a post ..

Bigcheese5300 said:
Somebody post a pic of that EL/VL "board tracker" that was in IronWorks. You know, the green one. Now that's what an anachronistic board tracker is supposed to look like.

Thank you ..

here - I posted that article to Nimrod's thread, which took off ..

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277&&showall=1

that's a sweet one ..

--------

here -

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts